April 24, 2015

Whole 30 to heal my digestion

I have been waiting for a 30 day window to open up and for me to have the ability to focus on healing myself and my gut. I am embarking on the Whole 30 challenge. I eat pretty Paleo now, I follow an 85/15 rule. I guess rather than calling it Paleo I am more on what I like to call a Real Food diet where I eat real unprocessed foods most of the time while once a week I indulge on bread, pasta, candy, or alcohol. I have found that this is the best balance FOR ME and it's what works for my body. I have seen GREAT results just in the past 3 months alone from following this diet.

The problem is, I have IBS type symptoms that disrupt my daily life and most of them come from FODMAPS. Garlic and onion particularly. I also have a severe reaction to cauliflower but I don't really like it anyway so it's not a big deal to me. Garlic has been a recent irritant so I am going to do a Whole 30 which is something that I have wanted to do but do it Low FODMAP style and take out all the FODMAPS from my diet and see if I can finally find some relief.

My goals for this Whole 30 challenge to myself is to:

1. Complete 30 days NO CHEATS.
2. Feel better in my digestive function to be able to finally be free and begin to heal my leaky gut.
3. Relax and enjoy the ride and see it as a healing practice and not torture.

I got my cookbook, it should be in the mail today and I am really excited about reading it. In preparation for the challenge I have started eating three meals a day and sticking to it and trying to get over my garlic issues ha ha ha. I can have the powder just not the real thing which really sucks but I digress. 30 days of no alcohol, no cheats, and 100% paleo/real food.

I am pretty excited to say the least. I am not sure if I am going to take pictures of what I ate and all that but I will try to remember. I think that my biggest hurdle is going to be caffeine, I am not sure if I can have that but if I can't well doom will arrive on the first week LOL. If you want to follow me and see if I am posting about it next week than you can follow me on instagram @prettynena

I can't wait to share my results but most of all I am SO happy that I have found the time to put my health first without interruption! The next 90 days I would assume are going to be crazy and hard but i want to heal my gut once and for all :)

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to do the Whole 30 too but I'm put off by how restrictive it is. I understand why it's that restrictive but any time I get really restrictive, I end up bingeing, big time. If I had any type of IBS symptoms, I would definitely give it a go though. Hopefully, this will solve your problems and help you feel your best! I'll definitely be following along. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am still playing with the idea. We are much a like in that sense where too much restriction causes me to binge as well or maybe eat things that I really normally wouldn't eat.

      Delete