September 12, 2015

Revisiting getting out of debt.

Debt......

Well all have it or had it at one time and well, it sucks! 

I am getting anxiety over being debt free and I am getting serious about it. It is one of those things that you wish you could just get rid of in a day and you can't. It takes time, patience, and a way of living that many of us are probably not comfortable with right? I mean that's why we ignore it ha ha! 

I have been researching ways to pay debt and I have always known about Dave Ramsey but the thing about him was that I could not wrap my mind around the fact that I had to save $1000 before paying off my bills. Now, I am to the point where I am desperate to get rid of this garbage so I am ready to start my little nest egg and get my debt paid off. 

Another mistake that I make consistently is the fact that I give myself an allowance but I don't tell my allowance where to go and I leave it up in the air all the time. The problem with that is that I don't tell my money where to go and when I need to make a big purchase or I have to service my car I don't take it into account because I don't save for it and well, now that I am actually ready to tackle this thing I am totally ready to commit and do it the very smart Dave Ramsey says to do it. 



Dave Ramsey has 6 baby steps. I don't think it is appropriately named though. The thing is, saving $1000.00 and paying off all your debt (the first two steps) are not baby by any means. Those are the hardest ones to accomplish! So I am just going to call them steps.....I don't know why just let me do my thing here LOL. 

So. This month I begin saving 1,000.00 for my emergency fund. I am not quite ready to disclose how much debt I am in but it is enough for me to FREAK out. The do include my car payment, credit cards, and student loans. I will be going after the credit cards, student loans, then my car. It is not going to be easy and I couldn't tell you for the life of me when I am going to get done. I would love for it to be by the end of next year but I think that it is big bite to chew......I am going to think about a total end date but I will say that I am giving myself until the end of next year to be credit card debt free. THAT I know I can do. 

We are in the process of getting ready to move again so our income is going to change and we are not quite sure what our rent, utilities, among other things are going to be so I would like to be conservative for right now in judging how fast I can pay it off. 

I will be keeping accountability updates on my blog for me so that I can go back and look at this journey much like my marathon journey. Wish me luck! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment