February 22, 2013

Transformation Friday! Melissa P90X

This is Melissa, she has finished P90X and I asked her to guest blog about her experience and why she chose to go with a Beachbody program.  I am so partial to P90X because even though it is a TOUGH workout (there is no doubt about that!) P90X does wonders for a woman's body it is unreal, I love it and plan on doing another round after Body Beast. Happy Friday and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
 
 

 
 
 
 
1. What made you want to do a Beachbody program and P90x?
Rewind to 3 years ago, I was overweight and miserable. I used to be super skinny in high school and then gained the freshman 30 in college. (I'm pretty sure I gained all that because my metabolism slowed down and I still ate junk food and never once worked out.) I got to a point where none of my clothes fit and I had to go buy bigger sizes (this was NOT fun). I hated the way my body looked and I got tired of trying to hide my muffin top through baggy clothing. I missed the days where I could get away with wearing tight pants and not worry about there being any fat on me. One day a light bulb clicked on inside my head. I could get rid of this weight, I could finally be happy in my own skin again, if I took action. I read somewhere online that you could work your way up (working out wise.) So i started slowly working out 10 mins at a time. Before I knew it I started to work out an hour at a time! And doing it 5-6 times a week! I ended up losing 40 lbs on my own!! Fast forward 3 years, I kept most of the weight off, but 12 lbs crept on since the holidays hit (this was in January of last year, 2012). Unhappy and ready to change FOR GOOD this time, I told myself to start over. I started doing 10 min trainer 2 times a week, then added some power 90 cardio, then eventually added free weights. 5 months later I started adding p90x videos to my workout (to take the guess work out). I found it was so much easier to have someone tell me what all of my weight routines were instead of having to come up with them all the time. (Side note: I actually had p90x for a while (my dad gave it to me) and was always too scared to do it. For the longest time I thought it looked way too intense and too challenging for me to ever try.) I saw that yes, they were challenging workouts but I was READY to tackle the program as a whole. My first month was brutal, I admit I cried at some of the workouts, I couldn't do some of the moves but I never gave up. I ended up completing the first round but wanted MORE. So I started over, and then started over again (round 2, and round 3 complete!). Now i'm currently on my 4th round! I'm so glad I found p90x, it is now my "work out routine" of choice. I have to say, I'm ADDICTED!

2. What was your biggest struggle during your transformation?
I can't list just one. The actual workouts were SO HARD. And pushing through them. Also, just getting up and making myself do the workouts EVEN when i didn't feel like it. Either I was TOO TIRED, TOO SORE, TOO BUSY, and so forth.The nutrition part was hard too...i'm not gonna lie I still have trouble sometimes! Eating clean is NO JOKE. I struggled making sure I ate enough, and with my fat %, carb %, and protein %'s.

3. How did you overcome that?
 Just doing the workouts anyway, through the exhaustion ,through the pain, through the craziness. 
Also, once I started tracking my calories, fat %, carb %, and protein % I found that to get MUCH easier. 

4. How have you changed since you completed P90X?
Oh my gosh, my whole LIFE has changed! I now have NEW habits-every night when I get home from work I make sure to get my workout in-when before I'd wait til tomorrow (and the day after that, and so forth lol.) If I was too tired I'd give into it and go to bed. Now I work out even when I am EXHAUSTED. It's my #1 priority! I schedule my life around my workouts-when before my life came before and I'd never get to my workouts. I have cleaned up my diet, I used to not get enough protein, now I get MORE than enough. I have so much more ENERGY, and have started motivating others to get active as well! Now after all that I've been through and the CRAZY results I've gotten, I want to help other people get the same results (because trust me, I've been there, it's HARD to get started!) I now am a Beachbody Coach and I help people get in the BEST shape of their lives! And to train them to help others as well! I love my job and I love the people I get to meet and help. It's an amazing opportunity and I'm SO GLAD to be a part of it! :)

5. What were your results?
3 years ago, I weighed 170 lbs and my body fat was at or around 33%. NOW I weigh 120 and my body fat is 19%!! That's 50 LBS weight LOST! This program WORKS people!!! If you want to CHANGE your life and get CRAZY mind blowing results-p90x is FOR YOU. Tony Horton makes it FUN and is HILARIOUS! I do have to warn ya, it is a VERY challenging intense workout. Make sure you are READY for it by doing an easier program FIRST! Work your way up! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Get started, TODAY! Your future self will thank you for it. ;)

2 comments:

  1. For more info about my transformation, make sure to visit my blog @ www.melissajonesbeachbody.blogspot.com! Thanks so much for posting my answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your information is really cool transforming your body is like a personal care...
    Scan Centre Chennai
    Scan Centre Near me

    ReplyDelete