July 19, 2013

Feeling like a hippie.

Whew it has been a wild month for me! My son is here and I have barely had time to sit down a breathe. I mean I have but not the time to dedicate to a blog post. 

I know this may sound a bit faddish but the longer I am on my healthy journey the more I research things and try them out to see if they are for me or not. I mean you can read all the information in the world but if you don't put it to use how do you know if it works right? 

Well about 2 years ago I knew that I was full blown lactose intolerant. I never really drank milk with the exception of in my cereal or ice cream and of course cheese! I stopped all the dairy when I was doing P90X because I wanted that banging body and the things that I was eating wasn't helping me maintain my weight it was just making me feel like dookie about myself. I now can not digest whey protein or anything with lactose in it. Lactose pills work but I am not a pill popper and it doesn't work for ice cream and I found Almond Dream for that so it all works right? 

Anyway, I have bee frequenting the health food store in my town and everything in there is SO foreign to me because it is not at Wal-Mart or Target, I get lost looking at the labels. Since I have made changes to my diet because of lactose and the way certain foods make me feel It makes me happy to know that there are alternatives to the way that I want to eat. 

I have been eating grain free for almost a week now and I have had to make some adjustments to how I was going to make certain foods and came across some ideas on Pinterest which is amazing!!! Gotta love that website it is a power house when you are looking for something specific. Doing the grain free thing hasn't done much in the weight department but it has helped the bloating go down and has certainly helped me out with decreasing the inflammation that I guess I carry in my body. Here is what grain free has done for me in 3 days......I took these pictures first thing in the morning no food in my belly right before my workout. For comparison, I hate doing things differently when I am doing a side by side. I wasn't going to share these but just so that you can see the difference. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment