January 11, 2015

Body Beast Week 4-5

I have not written much.....life has been hectic to say the least and like many of you I am thankful for the rest during the holidays but I am SO glad that it is over! I can concentrate on getting balance again. Well.......more balance than before. My daughter is 7 months old today and balance has not really been in the forefront in our home and the holidays threw us for a loop as well. BALANCE is that too much to ask for? Sometimes I think that it is.

Week 4 and 5 of Body Beast were pretty much me figuring out where I was with the weights and feeling comfortably uncomfortable there. Week 5 was a tough week for me mentally because I saw a ton of change in week 3 and I feel like I don't see any progress and I got frustrated but still push through even though I didn't give my all to a few of the workouts. I did them, I lifted heavy, but because my mind was off in "this shit isn't working land" I didn't feel that great about week 5. I think I remember going through the same thing when I was doing P90X. Realistically I just hit the 30 day mark so seeing changes that early is huge. I still have 7 weeks to go so there is still a ton of room for change.

As far as my diet goes it has been 80/20 even though I feel like I was 50/50. CONFESSION: I had pizza 2 times in one week. Probably why I have been beating myself up for the past couple of days. My excuse for eating pizza for those days......I wanted it and I was tired of cooking 2 meals per meal a day. My kids eat one way and my husband and I eat another to say I was TIRED of cooking was an understatement. I was also battling one heck of a cold. I was worn the heck out. I don't feel guilty about eating it that shhhhh was good! but.....I know it may have hindered my results. I am not naive :)

So that is pretty much it. I took pictures for my challenge group but I am not willing to share those. Once I take some that are decent I will post my day 1 and current so you all can see progress because heck isn't that what you read this stuff for? I know I do. I want to know and see the changes that a particular program is about. To date i have not had any other results on the scale or on the tape measure other than feeling  strong and having a mostly positive outlook on my body and being healthy overall. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment