March 22, 2015

What I learned at the Living Proof Live Conference


beth moore, living proof life, jeannette gregory, jeannette alverio



I like to take Sundays to reflect and go over my week. This week has been a wonderful one. I had the chance to go to Beth Moore and I had time to fellowship with my cousin whom I hadn't seen in over two years.

Beth Moore seriously left an impression on me, one that I don't think will go away in some time. I am not sure if I mentioned it but I had not had a word of God give me that much of an impression and I feel like God is just such a loud and powerful voice in my mind right now which is funny because I never thought that I would "hear" Him. I always thought people were special if they were able to discern the voice of God in their minds!

I wanted to reflect and share how that conference stirred my soul because I feel like getting it out somewhere will make it real and hold me accountable and you will be able to read about what He has done for me.

 The theme of the entire conference was "Watermarked" each story reflected on a time in scripture that involved a person or people, water, and a divine presence. There were 5 scenes in which all of us will go through during our relationship with God. Each season was different and for me personally they seemed to follow perfect suit which made it even more relatable to me. I don't want to spoil anything really but in order to talk about which scene hit me the most I have to disclose the specific scene.

Matthew 14:22-31  This is where all the disciples are on a boat, there is a storm, it's windy and the boat is rocking. Jesus comes to His disciples walking on water. Peter asks if he can walk on the water with Jesus and Jesus tells him to come and through the faith that he had Peter was also able to walk on the water toward Jesus. Peter realized exactly what was happening lost faith and fell into the water and started to drown. Jesus asks him why he had so little faith and doubted Him.

The point given by Beth: We are never more personally exposed then when we are doing God empowered exploits. God can enable us to do something wild, crazy, and BIG. It is a crisis of faith if you don't believe that you can do it. Do you believe that God can do something that you are not capable of?

The wise don't hide when they are sinking they cry out "God, help me"



For 3 years now I have been feeling this calling to help others in their health and fitness. Every time I get involved and into it I quit because there is this fear that overcomes me with leaving my current employment and I begin to doubt what God is doing for me and in turn doubt myself. Beachbody coaching feels like my calling and like the point above I didn't believe that God could make me a kick butt Beachbody coach because I didn't believe in myself either. I was also scared of all the money that comes with being as successful as my coach and my upline. The thing is, that up until now the voice that this was what I was supposed to be doing with my life was just a whisper which I thought was just me, now things are happening and I am seeing these crazy things of people doing what I consider fearless in my face all the time and this point just hit me like a ton of bricks!

Being a health and fitness coach exposes me way more than I am comfortable doing because I have to go out of my comfort zone and speak to people and ask the how I can help them along with sharing what Beachbody is about versus sitting at my desk and doing what I am told. I like to help people and it gives me no greater joy than to hear that someone has did something wonderful with their health and their self confidence. I mean it SERIOUSLY makes my day! I probably have an identical reaction when my kids do great things! I want women to feel beautiful inside and out. I want that for women but the way that God wants me to do it through Beachbody is CRAZY to me. He allowed me to see that I could succeed at it and again I quit because I was pregnant and tired and I was thinking about myself and not others. I knew He was calling me because I asked Him for a clear sign that I was to do this as His will and I have been getting small commissions and women asking me to help them recently.

I remember sitting at the conference and when Jesus told Peter WHY DID YOU DOUBT ME? I felt like he was talking directly to me. No if's ands or buts about it. That was exactly what he was telling me. Why did I doubt His will for me over and over. You see I could also swing this on the side of my current job as in why I am trying to leave my job when I haven't succeeded there but that's negative and God isn't negative and the only thing on my mind is coaching and empowering women and how I can do that successfully. Does that make sense?

With the past that I have had with abuse I want women to feel good about themselves and get out of any pit that they are in with weight or struggles with them being abused or mistreated themselves. I feel like this has so much more of a positive faith voice. I truly believe that my current job isn't one that puts me "out there" or exposes me the way it states in the point.

I think it is crazy that this was confirmed for me and how my cousin and I sat at the same place right next to each other and received different messages from the same exact message. It was like magic! It was seriously crazy how it all happened and how on fire we are even after it has been almost a week since we went to the conference. I love how we received a word from Him but how much closer it has brought us. This past weekend was seriously INTENSE. I didn't think that I would get as much as I did out of it or that it would light my fire for Jesus brighter than it already has which is bananas to me.

I know I promised this post to be out the day after my other but I had to let it all settle in and let the word move through me and move me. I also just wanted to keep it in me and think through it well before putting what I wanted to say out in the world without being impulsive. :)

I think that if there is a conference in your area you should make the time to go because being in a room with so many believers is crazier than being in church to some degree. It is just simply.............amazing

0 comments:

Post a Comment