June 22, 2015

Why it's so easy

I am reading this book Rhinestone Jesus and something just came across my mind.

I am at a part in the book where a woman who was saved by the grace of God and was able to have a healthy baby after being in severe poverty could just walk in the light of the Lord why can't I?

I get so trivial about following God. I give myself these rules and things that I need to work on to be "perfect" or to be more like Him but I feel that daily I fail and that I am maybe trying too hard to get in good with him.......

Isn't that something? I am not saying that God hasn't put on my heart to do certain things like stop gossiping and cleaning up my language because my mouth is a serious problem but why can't I just accept His grace and move on with it? Kind of like this woman who has seen His grace and just does it because life is just so much better with Him in it? Do I even understand His goodness? I don't. I am sure of it because His goodness is bigger than I could ever imagine but I get glimpses here and there.

I am reading about these women over in Kenya and I have a Bible study friend that is in Mount Kilaminjaro right now taking care of lepers and she helps the people in the community there. This lady in my Bible study group quit her job so that she could go take care of her people because God had called her to do it! I mean, isn't that simply amazing?

If you are in "this world" it's really easy to fall into the trap of this world but it's not what is around us that is a problem. We are the entitled ones.....the ones that maybe need to give somethings away and receive less than..........

It's not often that my eyes are opened like this and where I get motivated by things that I read. My thoughts peak for sure but isn't there more that we could do for others instead of only thinking of ourselves? Can we just walk alongside God and do what he wants us to do? I mean, I am not saying that we all need to go to Africa to walk alongside God but maybe there is more to it than I was thinking in regards to it all being about "me" because clearly it isn't. It's all about Him.  Sometimes I know that I could be doing more if I only take the time to step out of my bubble and into His grace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment