September 10, 2012

Disney Princess Half

Running is something that I have always been interested in and took a liking to since the Army. I ran every morning it seemed like for up to 6 miles at a time. It was pretty rough but we did it. The more and more I get to my fitness goals I have to keep myself entertained. I am doing Brazil Butt Lift again but I started to run with the girls that I work with today and I can say that I felt WONDERFUL getting outside after a really long morning in the office behind a desk. Not to mention I am taking my last college class and I am SO PROCRASTINATING on this 10 page paper that I have due next week. I digress....... Well about 2 weeks ago I was looking up the Disney half marathon that happens in January and I stumbled across the Disney Princess Half Marathon! AHHHH how crazy would it be for me to run at Disney World in a TUTU!!!! HA HA HA!

Since I have turned 30, I have taken on this thing about getting out of my comfort zone and going for the things that I made excuses for and running 13 miles was one of them. I thought about doing it while I lived in AK and now the time is nearing and I am thinking that this is TOTALLY something that I should do!

I ran today for the first time in awhile and I have the runkeeper app on my iphone. I never used it before but I tried it today and it was AMAZING. What I ended up doing was getting into a race with myself LOL it told me what my pace was and I ran to keep it there needless to say what was supposed to be a group run turned into a solo run but I ran 3.1 miles in 27 minutes which was pretty cool! I think I am going to keep this up and see if I can get through the next two weeks (I'm going to San Diego and FL) with running whenever I can. If I can keep up with it and not face any injuries at running 3 times a week than we shall see what happens! I am totally excited! I can't wait to let you know if I am going to register or not!

TO GETTING OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE!!!! AND TO BEING 30!!!!!!!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment