November 12, 2012

Don't eat a banana........


I was finally able to get outside and run! I had been running on the treadmill but I don't think that I can use the runkeeper but between time, the hurricane, and the Noreaster, things have not been pleasant to run outside. Keeping it inside on the treadmill is really effing boring except for my last 4 mile run on Thursday. I watched Wendy Williams and was dying laughing so that made things better.

My goals with running are going to be running outside, getting cold weather gear to do that in addition to trying to get my miles in. I am not too sure what they weather is liek here but it is going ot be a challenge prepping for this half marathon but it will be done.

So this morning it was like 60 something degrees outside and I ate a banana prior to running and WOW talk about slimy saliva ewwwwww. I spit more than I have ever in my life! Ha ha maybe it was a little gross but this is my blog so whatever :) I was also running with a serious headwind that took my breath away when I would go up hill so I had to walk a few times just to catch my breath but it was all good. The weather was fantastic and I felt like I was in Florida today so I just let myself be there. I went to Florida this morning and I realized how much I want to go back home and just be there.

My son lives there with his father and I would so much more like to be a bigger presence in his life. Not only that though, I miss FL and the palm trees and knowing where every thing is and what not. I just feel like I am at home there. Not like a visitor that is coming and going and not setting roots in the ground, but that is the life of a military member right? I signed up for this but now that the holidays are coming and I am getting older setting roots is starting to take over my mind and to me it takes a place to do that.........

Anyway, I had a wonderful weekend! I ran, I had a photoshoot with the hubbs, and I got to spend time with my Boogie and had a day away from him today and got lots of personal things done like get back to this blog LOL.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend too!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment