December 21, 2013

This was me then........pt 2

This was me at 146 pounds (I am 5'3). I was a sz 13. This was me on Jan 2 2011. This was the year that my husband would be gone for 8 months of the year and this was the FINAL year that I said that I had enough. I was tired of being a double digit size and I knew that I had it in me to be the ME that I always wanted to be after I had my kids. This was no longer my pregnancy weight this was me just being damn FAT and INDULGENT. SO THIS TIME I entered the Eat Clean Diet Challenge and again submitting my pictures to the website. This contest I think (?) was 6 months long so I had A LOT of time to accomplish this goal.

This was also a time where I had totally and 100% concentrated on myself with my husband being gone and my little guy being so small it was pretty easy to have lots of reflection time on myself. That is exactly what I did and when my husband came back I kept shrinking and kept growing as an individual.

I had gone to the gym 5 days a week during my lunch break and I took the weekends off and followed the Eat Clean Diet model about 80% of the time. I had one cheat day and fared really well. I went down to 125-127 and got into running and ran my first 5K and 10K that summer. It was such an amazing accomplishment I was in love with my new body but yet.....I wanted more. I was the same person that you see up there I was just a smaller version. I had no muscle tone and I wanted that so enter P90X.

I had that silly workout in my closet because like most I was afraid of it. This time I committed I went cray cray woke up at 5 AM and completed my workouts daily, I was sore as hell but I was consistently losing 1-2 pounds a week and I was getting the body that I wanted. By the time I was done I lost 10 pounds and fit into a sz 6.

Because of the Eat Clean diet and P90X and the discipline that I had I was able to gain the body of MY dreams and I was able to heal the wounds from my past. I put everything out there when I was working out. ALL of it my divorce, the distance from my big guy, the fact that I was alone with my son, taking care of my son. All that stress I gave to the pavement, the gym, and Tony Horton LOL.

To have a transformation you have to be OVER IT. READY FOR A CHANGE. It can't (in my opinion) be just a thing that you are going to do because it is the New Year or because your jeans are too tight........it has to be something that you are SICK of and READY to CHANGE. You have to have that clear vision of exactly what you want. It has to come from your heart not from a pages of a magazine. Envy my dears isn't going to do it for you, a light within you has to be ready to shine and you have to be ready to face all the bullshit and get down and freaking dirty to get what you want. FED UP with you and YOUR HABITS ready to change.

I didn't get here because I wanted Jennifer Lopez's body (she has a killer one though) I got here because I wanted to be the BEST ME THAT I COULD PUT FORWARD FOR MYSELF, MY SONS, AND MY HUSBAND BUT MOSTLY FOR ME! I wanted Jeannette back. I had to heal my heart and my health and now I am me. I had the love I had the family but I needed to be me to be the best for them and to appreciate everything that I had.

This is why today I am trying to be the healthiest that I can. To be healthy for me and my baby because without me being healthy my baby isn't either. I workout and I don't want to go to that picture or enter contests for motivation. The motivation is from me myself and I now. I know healthy, I preach health, and I love being healthy and the way it makes me feel. I am a better person all around. I am still scared as hell to gain more than 30 pounds but as long as I know that I am doing everything that I can to be healthy than I can smile knowing that this time I did something right for me and my child.

0 comments:

Post a Comment