December 27, 2013

Bumpdate: Into the second trimester

I find myself consistently looking for bloggers that talk about having a healthy pregnancy and I kind of have a hard time finding them. Most of them are bumpdates which is cool but I wanna know what you are eating and what you are doing to workout ha ha. I have not been able to find an inbetween with some bloggers some are HARD core and just look like they have a budda belly and others are lacking anyway I figured I would share bumpdates a long the way for anyone searching for someone that is a "normal" person who is trying to keep healthy.

My 14 week bump


I am 16 weeks pregnant now and I am SO happy to be out of the first trimester. For weeks 1-6 I was doing really well working out, running and eating really healthy pretty much my normal diet of meat vegetables mostly. Then week 7 came and week 7-13 were the PITS I was nauseous all day and eating french fries, crackers, rice, and pretzels were the only thing to keep me fed. As with most vegetables were NON-EXSISTENT in my diet so I started back on my Shakeology so I would know that I was getting some good nutrition in my body. Sometimes that made me nauseous but it wasn't vegetables so it worked. I was also car sick queasy (?) I know strange. I started gaining my energy back at week 14.5 and now I am good. Week 7-13 I worked out maybe 3-4 days a week most of them being 3 days and I didn't feel guilty at all. I knew I didn't feel well and I wasn't going to push myself past the limit my body was willing to go. This isn't about me anymore I am now living to keep my baby safe. Now that I am good I am working out 5-6 days a week. I DO find that the more that I do the more tired I am at the end of the day and it feels like the first trimester again.

WEIGHT GAIN: I know that is what some of you are here for LOL I know I looked at the weight gain to when I was reading the blogs. It's cool to see how every woman is different. This time around I am up 7-8 pounds in my 16th week. I think I am pretty good for wanting to gain no more than 40.

Eating: Overall it has been OK. I try to eat as healthy as I can but I always slip in a treat here or there. Lately my obsession has been candy canes and I have been eating about 2 a day. Yesterday was the first day I didn't have candy at all but it was really hard to ignore it ha ha. Right now my daily meals look kind of like this:

Breakfast: Cup of coffee, 2 scrambled eggs, 2-3 thin and crispy turkey bacon slices, and sometimes a whole grain waffle with natural jelly.

Lunch: A salad or chicken tenders with vegetables or tuna with potatoes and green beans. I even had a PB&J one time. It depends really on how I feel. When I am at work it is probably the most unhealthy of my day.

Dinner: Usually a lean meat choice with some veggies and potato I really like the feeling of being full so the potato really helps. Sometimes on really lazy days I will have pancakes but that is pretty rare. It was def a first trimester favorite.

WORKOUTS: I try to log my workout everyday. I am not sticking to any kind of plan right now as I don't always feel like doing the "same" thing. I wish beachbody had a maternity program other than their yoga DVD it would be really nice.

As a Beachbody traitor I did purchase Tracy Andersons Pregnancy Project (I love that it is aimed at a pregnant woman) and I plan on walking on the treadmill during my work week starting in Jan to get my steps in. So far I have done the following.... PS MY DOC GAVE ME THE OK TO DO THESE WORKOUTS I STOPPED CHALEAN EXTREME BECAUSE I WAS STARTING TO LIFT TO HEAVY BUT I WILL GO TO THE RESISTANCE BANDS. CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING AN  EXERCISE PROGRAM ESPECIALLY WHEN PREGNANT!

December:
10: Chalean Extreme Push Circuit 3 and Turbofire HIIT20
11: Burn Intervals
12: Push Circuit 1
13: Fire 45 EZ Turbofire
14: Push Circuit 2 and HIIT 25
15: Burn it off and recharge (Chalean Extreme)
16: Rest
17: Push 3 and HIIT 15
18:Tracy Anderson Month 4 and Fire 45
19: Tracy Anderson month 3
20: Rest
21: Tracy Anderson Month 3 and Fire 45
22: Buti Tone 50 and Tracy Anderson Month 4
23: TAM Month 4 and Fire 45 EZ
24: Rest
25: Tracy Anderson Month 4 and Fire 45 EZ
26: Fire 55 EZ
27: Tracy Anderson Month 4

Today I am feeling a bit under the weather my son transferred his head cold to me and I feel like complete crap. I am super tired my head is pounding and my appetite is weird. Oh the joys of having children LOL. I must say that this pregnancy with a child already is a lot harder than just having it be my husband and I. It sure is a challenge that is for sure but totally worth it. Sorry for the super long post. I hope this helps!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment