July 22, 2015

3 mile run and Kayla

Today was probably the most beautiful day all week. It is going to be a short post because I am eager to get back out there and read for a little while before lunch time!

My daughter woke us up at 5:30 this morning and MAN I was tired when I woke up but I took my probiotic, L-Glutamine and protein shake and waited out the hour and a half before I could take her to daycare. I was a little bit not happy with her as she slept like a champ yesterday....it must be her teeth? Who knows with kids. This one for sure I call trouble because that is what she causes LOL. I mean it in all good fun.

I was reading my Marathon book yesterday and I got about 120 pages into it and she had these awesome journal entries that she added into the book and I think that I might do the same. I am not sure I can keep up all these blogging days but I can commit to once a week sitting down and blogging about my training experience. It's something that I haven't done before so for me to remember what this is all like I plan to do it. Plus, I really liked reading her story and the blogs of others so maybe I can offer up some motivation and be able to look back at my life one day?

So anyway, I got off track. I dropped the baby off this morning and I seriously just wanted to close my eyes and take it all in because seriously it feels that great out here. It's like 70 degrees a nice breeze and that humidity that I had been fighting was gone. I was a little sore but I went for it, I had three miles in my mind so that is what I set out to do. I got started and crazy enough I was able to keep my pace all along which was about a 9 minute mile. I am pretty stoked about that and I aimed to keep it there because it was such a short run so why not push. As I was almost done I caught a groin cramp that I am still trying to release but it dulled down almost as soon as it started. I am totally taking that as a sign that tomorrow is probably going to be a walk day for me. I was almost done and the pain had went away so I decided that I would try to see if I could PR on a 5K which I think my fastest was 29 minutes I don't know I don't really keep track of that but today I finished in 28:30 which was super cool! I was so excited.

Through out my run I was listening to a podcast call The Running Lifestyle and she had Jeff Galloway on her show and I was totally intrigued by the run walk run method. SO much so that I am going to try it out on my 6 mile long run to see what exactly this is all about. I am going to do more research on it, I think that I have to do a thing called a magic mile where I run a mile as fast as I can and then I will be able to gauge where I am at in addition to see what my run walk run splits are......This sounds pretty exciting but we'll see if I am into it or not. I am not really training for anything right now so it's not going to be a loss.

UGH I did the Kayla workout Week 5 Wednesday......it was upper and core and those are pretty much my weak spots......I probably should have waited until this evening or this afternoon to do it because my performance pretty much sucked. I am just going to leave it at that and just go with the fact that every workout isn't going to be 100% and sometimes you just have off days and today was one of them. I'll get it next time :)

My sister is driving up to visit me and she will be here tomorrow. I really can't wait until she comes! I have been spoiled this summer with my parents coming home to help me out with the kids and my sister coming up with my niece and nephew and her hubby. The house is going to be packed but it is going to be such a great time. I will have to fill you all in on that adventure after she has gone.

Until next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment