July 20, 2015

I am a runner

Any time that something has defined me with the exception of the military I have silently walked away from it and moved on. In the past I have run two half marathons and running has really been my therapy over the years. My love for running has really started in Alaska, there was nothing else really to so and I saw that other people had lose weight with running so that is where I started my initial journey. I did run in the Army but there is something about it being part of your job where you just do it. You just run. I prided myself in getting faster but when I got out of the Army in 2002 I just let it all go. So back to Alaska, I started running there and joined all the races that the Island promoted, like the 5K's and 10K's. 

I was ALL into it I got running shoes and bought running clothes and even got the subscription to Runners World. Yeah......I was a runner then. Then came the winters and I stopped running. I liked to call myself the running Diva but let's get real running in an Alaska winter isn't for the faint of heart and I had only been running for a few months. I waited until the summer came and then picked up running again. I remember seeing an ad for the Disney Princess Half marathon and I remember telling my husband right in our garage that I was going to run that run one day and when we moved to Mass that is what I did. I signed up for the race and geared up for my first half marathon. I didn't train well for it because well......winter came. LOL Yeah I didn't run in that ish! ha ha! So my training did go so well but I finished the thing in 2:13. I kept running after that but then I got pregnant and I had to slow it down and I signed up for the Disney Wine and Dine half and after I had the baby, around this time last year I started training for that. That training was a lot better and I was able to run the whole thing in 2:12 but I recovered a TON faster because I actually followed the training plan that I found on the internet. 

Winter came again and again I stopped running, this year I am singed up to do the half marathon at Disney again in November so I am going to start running again along with doing the Kayla Itsines workout plan to keep up with strength training because I believe that is something that you should never give up. 

I am excited to be running again and I really need to do a ton of research on winter running and the gear for that and get off my butt in the winter and run. This time I am going to keep up with it and truly make running a big part of my life again. 

I don't know what training plan I am going to follow this time I have 2 that I have my eye on but we shall see what happens. 15 weeks out so I have a week or two to decide what it is that I want to do. I can't wait and I am so excited to be able to run again. Now if I could only give as much time to blogging as I do exercising I guess I would be in better shape! 


Happy running. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment