July 21, 2015

5 miles why not?

Today my daughter let us sleep until 7:30 which is seriously a blessing. I have my son home for the summer and she is now sleeping in our room and I love my kids to pieces but I can't wait until she can have her room back!

So anyway, I woke up at 7:30 this morning and got ready for my run and got my daughter ready for daycare. We got there around 8 and by 8:15 I was off running. I didn't really know how far I was going to run but I knew I wanted it to be close to an hour so I just went with the flow and went as far as I could. 5 miles was how far I went.

My run was pretty flat which is just what I needed because yesterday I started week 5 of the Kayla Itsines workout and let me tell you my legs felt a little bit heavy. Today's run was pretty good, I started off a bit fast I have to keep in mind to keep my pace through it's just that I go and well.....yeah I get a bit tired. You can see from my splits that I stayed steady after mile 1 which was a 9:07 mile.



Today was pretty humid and hot especially since I started out at around 8:20 so it only got hotter from there. The humidity almost felt like I had something over my face keeping it a bit hard to breathe. Maybe, it is just me getting used to pounding the pavement again who knows?

I have loosely been thinking about running a marathon so I started reading this book. I do get that I am not a beginner runner but I will be if I do decide to run a marathon a beginner marathoner. I have only read the introduction as it came in the mail today and already I am liking the ease and humor that the author has. I feel like it is going to be a light and easy read and that I will learn a bunch from it. 

I will share the things that I have learned with reading the book :)

After I came home from my run I ate breakfast and I showered and I took the kids to the movies. We went and saw Inside Out. It was a really good movie, we all really enjoyed it. I probably wouldn't get it on DVD or anything but it was nice to relax and enjoy some time with my kids and listening to them laugh at the same things that I did and then others they didn't LOL I love how movies an a few adult jokes in there to keep the parent occupied and entertained. I would recommend it though if you are looking for something to do with your kids.

I am kind of running out of ideas of things to do with the kids other than the big plans I have for them to go and visit The Flume in New Hampshire and to go to the Childrens Museum in Boston but who knows what I come up with? What do you like to do with your kids during these long summer days?

0 comments:

Post a Comment