May 21, 2013

Balance, I think I got this!


I am an over achiever at heart. I want to do everything and anything ALL the time. 

It is who I am now but I have not been that way all the time. 

I got tired of people telling me that I couldn't or that I wasn't going to make anything of myself and one day I changed. It started out with just a decision to be better because I was pregnant and needed to change my life for the better. It felt like my second chance and it felt like I was going to be able to SHOW all those people that thought that I wouldn't make it that I FINALLY did it. 

Well being the Jeannette that I am I over achieved and started getting involved and wanting to be great at everything. Mom, Wife, Coastie, Business woman, photographer, crafter, fitness junkie, you name it I was ALL about it. Lately I have realized that I need to focus on the things that are important to me. The things that are REALLY important to me. Slowly but surely I have been letting things go that don't fall into my priorities. 

As in the quote above I was not well in my mind, body, and spirit. My mind was racing all the time, I felt like I did not have time for anything at all and started pushing things to the side that were important to me and that have always been just to get to the stuff that wasn't that important. 

It took me awhile and I have done some serious soul searching and where I am with my career in the Coast Guard, being a family woman, a woman of faith and doing an occasional blog about the things I love like fitness and photography in order to help people out there that want some direction or like reading about my life and time for the other things I love like being with my friends, hiking, exercising to what I want to do and when I want to do it. 

I have decided to let my ideas of running a business to the side, running challenge groups, and pursuing photography for anything other than a business to the side. It has made me so much happier because I can focus on one thing at a time and not a million things all at once. 

I feel so free and so happy now that my blogging and my life isn't all about doing things that I feel that I "have" to do. I am ready for this more settled and balanced life! I can sleep better and I am not sooo distant from my family while pursuing this business thing. I am a firm believer that if a business was meant to be in my future than it would not have been so difficult for me and maybe I didn't really want it as bad as I thought lol. 
 
So I guess I will be blogging more about my daily activities and what interest me overall and I am so glad.

Balance is one of the things that I have always wanted and I feel that I am getting closer to achieving that goal for myself and I couldn't be happier now that I can focus on my God, family, friends, and reading a darn good book :) 


Until Next time!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment