March 10, 2014

Postpartum Plans

I have been pretty obsessed with my post pregnancy plans. It happened to me when I was pregnant with my second child. I was tired of being BIG and carrying all that weight. I was also pumped because my husband bought me an iPod and I went out and got myself some new sneakers and all that ha ha. I was READY but still had a baby in there. Now, it seems that I have the same itch ha ha. The only exception is that I want to go back to my normal workouts! I still have a long time to go but I am really excited to get started toward my new body.




I recently registered for the 2014 Wine and Dine Half Marathon that is now SOLD OUT. That thing sold out in a week! You better believe that I was on my phone on the treadmill at 12:00 on the dot buying my ticket and my husbands after party ticket! I wasn't going to miss out on this adventure. In December I already knew that I wanted to register for this half marathon. I put it on my goal board and it is going to come true ha ha. I just hope that I will be strong enough to do the damned thing come November as I am only going to be between 4 and 5 months postpartum ha ha.

I also plan on doing P90X to tone back up. If anything I will do the 3 lifting days and the Yoga day and leave the rest to pounding the pavement. I think I should be ok there with that, if it becomes too much than I will re-evaluate and take it from there.



I also plan on walking as soon as I feel up to it even it is a mile or half a mile or so just to keep my body moving. I couldn't imagine being so active for 9 months of pregnancy to just do nothing for 6 weeks. That's not to say that I am not going to rest relax and enjoy my teeny baby, but I am not going to be sedentary the whole 6 weeks either.

For my diet......I don't really know. I think I am just going to keep it VERY clean and not worry about calories and all that, but more about eating as healthy as I can as I plan on pumping my milk for my baby. I am going to cut out all the junk food and indulgences that I have been having on a daily basis and go somewhat on a detox of that stuff and just eat good, green, and healthy :)

We shall see what the future hold for me. This plan is best case scenario as we all know life doesn't always go as planned but I am happy to finally have a road map planned out for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment