April 26, 2014

What this pregnancy has done for me

The state that I am currently in has certainly changed the direction of this blog, but I would rather it reflect part of my life rather than just fitness. I love fitness and I love that people come here and can leave educated in the realms of health and fitness but I also want to document me too. 


 Pregnancy has lately been an everyday topic in my life and as you can tell for a woman as she continues to grow it becomes more and more a topic of conversation. This pregnancy has been a total eye opening experience for me and I can tell you that it is because I am a more mature woman and this is the last pregnancy that I will ever have so I made it a point to embrace this closing chapter of my life. 

I recently have been obsessed with watching pregnancy vlogs on youTube and reading birth stories on others blogs as labor and delivery now that I am at 33 weeks has become something that is coming in the very near future. I am getting everything ready for the baby, getting the closet ready, finishing the purchased of things that I will need for when she is here and then it is just a waiting game. 

I have learned many things in this pregnancy (I always hated being pregnant before this one) that have really humbled me as a person. I have learned that I can be healthy no matter what it is simply a matter of choice and mind over matter. I learned to listen to my body and when I am tired to seriously listen to myself because taking care of me in the form of rest is essential for me to be a good person all around to all people in my life. I have grown closer to my husband by telling him the things that are wrong and I have leaned on him to help me around the house more often. I don't have to do everything for this family I should let others be involved as well. 

 I have also learned to just let things go. Success has been something that I have been craving since my divorce and I thought that at one point that adding more to my plate would help me to succeed. I took on photography and coaching and everything under the sun like being a fitness instructor and really.......I am successful where I am. I have a job that pays me well, that allows me to be with my family, and I have a family that I need to take care of. Being pregnant has really forced me to slow down and to look at things differently which makes me happy because I finally have peace and balance in my life. I mean we are not all perfect and some days are hectic and crazy and being tired doesn't help (darn you third trimester!) But I have come out on top in just sitting back and looking at my blessings as exactly what they are. 



My baby brought me peace of mind and I know that she will drive me crazy but she has helped realize that we all just sometimes need to stop focusing on what is happening tomorrow and focus on the present and smell the roses. Being pregnant has humbled me in a way that I could not have even imagined that it would have. Now, don't get me wrong I am still a strong willed person but I now know that I don't have to do everything in order to be everything to everyone and money isn't everything. Thank you my little one and God for bringing this wonderful new way to light in my life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment