December 17, 2014

Almost done week 2

I just want to go ahead and say that before I continue on with this post just because I have been successful with weight loss before doesn't mean anything. When you (me) are trying to do it again, the struggle is real. The only difference with me is that if I keep going the results will get there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am on week 2 of Body Beast I have 2 or 3 more days to finish out the second week and I am really excited about getting through this thing. I am on that frame of thought where I have been doing this for 2 weeks and the scale hasn't budged and neither have the inches. I haven't seen results kick in and I them but,  I do this EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. That is why I often do a program for a month or so and then jump on another because either I started it on a whim because I was menstrual or I am honestly just bored with it and don't want to do it anymore because I am not ready to follow a strict program.

When I completed my postpartum half marathon at Disney World I knew that I wanted to put on muscle because

1. I lost weight but still looked the same just a smaller size.
2. I know what P90X did for me and I LOVED the result of it and I wanted to get back there.

I also knew that I didn't have the time to commit to 60-90 minute workouts. I get an hour and a half lunch to workout and that includes workout and shower so I needed to keep my workout at atleast 50 minutes MAX. SO Body Beast it was because Les Mills Pump is awesome but it calls for additional cardio and didn't want to rack my brain with what to do or not being able to go outside because it's too cold.

Back to my point. I am at the I have been doing this for 2 weeks and I want to see results NOW. To be fair I do see a little pop in my shoulders and arms which is awesome. That's usually where I see results first them the last is my legs and thighs. I also know that the least results you will see is the first 30 days and around day 60 is when the "MAGIC" happens and you notice that WOW something DID CHANGE! I am impatient by nature and I want things now and weight loss is a really big demon for me because it's REALLY hard for me to lose weight.

 I have lost 4 pounds in 3 months and it hasn't been for the lack of trying. I eat very clean and not processed that is either just the way my body is OR I have a thyroid problem which I am going to get checked out in January. With the weight loss once I get it off it stays off but I have to be very careful because that crap comes back with a vengeance and I start the cycle ALL over again.  So my frustration stems from a lot of different factors right now but the best feeling in the world is that I am overcoming myself. I know that my body wasn't built in a day and neither will my muscles and that's ok I just can't and won't quit. I am excited that I am doing this and challenging myself because this is exactly where I need to be right now :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment