August 31, 2015

Monday morning run

Today I put on my shoes ready my She Reads Truth Bible in one year reading and got out the door. I stood in front of my garage waiting for my GPS watch to connect and I breathed in a big inhale of humidity. I was wondering where in the world Saturdays weather (79 with little humidity) went. I am not that big of a fan no....let me be honest here I hate winter like, A LOT, but the runner in me is craving air that isn't so thick and temperatures that are cooler. I started my run and it was much like a typical Monday morning for anyone else. I had to tie my shoes twice before getting them just right for me feet to feel balanced and good and I was sweating literally 2 minutes into my run. Despite these little annoyances I was SO happy to be out there running. I decided early on that I was going to ignore my watch and wait for it to beep to tell me my miles as they passed by because I was extending my current 4 mile route another mile. 2 miles in my curiosity got the best of me and I looked. My pace was excellent. I was not in easy run pace but I just wanted to let myself go and run, I just wanted to be free to think about what I wanted and my legs to just GO! I knew my lungs would carry me, those babies are trained! 



I was listening to my music versus podcasts so I could get lost in the beat and in my mind and it was simply perfect. Tenth Avenue North came on and I was praising Jesus.....hand up and everything I might add all while singing some of the chorus. It was simply beautiful because as I made my way around the school parking lot this sun was rising and a new day was coming. The sky was filled with orange and magenta with a pale blue in the background. I thanked Jesus for the beautiful morning and felt kind of bad for complaining about the humidity. I then thought about how awesome God is and how lucky I am to be running the race that I am running in honor of Ellie Mae. I thought about how truly awesome it is to be able to give to someone else. I looked down at my watch and realized that I was still holding my pace and something came over me.....just the thought that I do this well and a feeling like I am doing the right thing in running and being able to right about it and also use it as a way to give to others. 

I think that listening to music is in a way more my deal because I get so in tune with myself and with God. I feel better running and praying versus sitting and reading. Don't get me wrong I enjoy reading the word and getting all into it but I enjoy running and being in the moment it feels like with God better than reading it's like He's there with me sending chills down my back letting me know that I am good and He is with me. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment