December 7, 2014

Another one bites the dust.

So again I started and stopped a fitness plan. Crossfit didn't workout for me.

I was SO totally in love with Crossfit. It was exactly what I had needed and what I was looking for in a workout and kept me interactive with other people. I was totally happy going there, I was seeing results, and I was feeling a TON more energy after completing my workout. It was truly amazing. I was getting strong and FAST it made me SO happy to be part of that community.

The problem was I was getting migraines (occular ones) after a really demanding WOD. So once a week for the past three weeks I was getting a migraine. The first one took me down so hard that I got sick on the side of the road and was bed ridden for a day and slept for a long time the next day. The second one wasn't too bad and the one I had this Friday was bad. I felt nauseous, extremely tired, and my head pounded for a good few hours. I woke up yesterday with a residual headache from hell. It was NOT how I wanted my Crossfit experience to be. So ONCE AGAIN I have to change my approach to training.



From going from being bummed I am pretty excited. I am happy that I can still workout and I am happy that I can still make strength gains without having to give up on everything completely. I started doing Body Beast. I was flip flopping between P90X3 and Body Beast because they are pretty legit workouts. The problem was, is I had to pay for P90X3 as I don't own it yet LOL. SO I told myself that if I finish Body Beast than I will gift myself P90X3 if I still want it when I am doing doing Body Beast. It's the only workout that I have not completed in its entirety in addition to P90 but I wasn't a fan of that one......too beginner for me.

So why am I excited about Body Beast?

After running my half marathon I am kind of EXHAUASTED with the whole running bit. I KNOW that P90X gave me my dream body but I didn't want to commit to 90 minute yoga classes and 75 minute daily workouts. Just not my thing anymore. I have an infant now and my time is precious so getting everything done in an hour on my lunch break is the way that I have to get things done. It works with my life right now.

I am also excited because the workout is a strength workout and doesn't DEMAND cardio. Not that I am against it, it is just not really what I want to do right now SO I think that here and there I will add P90X plyo or some Insanity on the days where I feel I need more cardio or to switch things up with the Body Beast Cardio workout.

I am not going to follow the meal plan. It's just not my thing. I have found that I have sort of disordered eating so I want to be able to eat as healthy as I can and keep to the diet that I am on now and get the results that I am going to get because that is going to be more true to my life than changing the way that I am eating every 30 days. If I am hungry than I will eat and if I am not then I won't. I am keeping it mostly Paleo at heart but I know that I need more carbs so I am adding rice and oatmeal back into my diet when I feel that I am LOW on energy. You can only have so many sweet potatoes and plantains before they start getting old lol.

Here is what I ate today so you can see what I have going on in the eating department. I am a curious person and even though I don't take pictures of my food anymore maybe I will start to add more sustenance to this blog.

As soon as I wake: Golden Ration Protein

9:30 - Applegate farms turkey, coconut milk yogurt, banana

11:00 - Natures Choice organic oatmeal

1:15 - Broccoli with Against All Grains recipe for sesame chicken thighs.

I don't know what else I am going to eat for the rest of the day I am on duty but I have a grilled chicken wrap with sweet potato and salad for dinner. I may have another snack later.

Overall for the past 2 days? It has been working. I am sore in places that I never thought possible and I don't know how I am going to sit down on the toilet tomorrow but I am breaking some muscle and that is a good thing. I am changing on the inside. Bye bye fat and hello skinny jeans!

0 comments:

Post a Comment