May 19, 2014

Changing the way I eat

I have been thinking a lot about how I am going to eat through this whole postpartum journey. Actually all I can vainly think about is starting my workout and what I am going to eat and how I am going to approach the whole thing. Now that I am starting to slow down I mean REALLY slow down it is consuming my mind even more. I know that I should be resting more and I am but it's really hard when the past few years of your life have been active and healthy. 

So, I have been thinking about what approach helped me the best in my weight loss journey and truly it was eating good clean all natural foods. When I had the MOST success is when I went grain free for 21 days and my bloating and indigestion problems went away. Since I have gotten pregnant I let that lifestyle go because I wanted to enjoy pregnancy and give myself permission to indulge and to be honest I had not been following the grain free lifestyle for that long to have actually created a habit with it. 

I have slowly started to pick it back up again by making my breakfasts, most snacks, and lunches grain free and dinner sort of be a free for all a few times a week. It has been helping me put the focus back on the eating. With changing my diet this way over the past 2 weeks my weight gain has been steady or non-exsistent. I am over the 35 pound recommended gain so not gaining anything is ok as long as I am not losing weight I am ok with it. 



I started digging through my Paleo books and cooking up some of the recipes and I can tell you that some of the best recipes I have found have been from Against All Grain! Everything I have tried has been so tasty that you really don't miss the grains. 

Her website and cookbook have been the best resource for me. I love to cook with flavor and as long as flavor is there I am good to go. Hopefully, by the end of this pregnancy I will be able to make the full switch to a grain free diet. I don't think I will give up rice because as for now it doesn't effect my body in the way that certain vegetables and bread actually make me feel.

I plan on updating as time goes by and I gather some pictures of my meals if I really remember to keep everyone updated on what I am eating and some of my favorite resources that are out there. 

I still feel great being as pregnant as I am, even more so by eating the way that I am. I am not as lethargic or tired feeling and I have the energy to do more around the house that I thought before which helps me with the confidence in the way that I am eating and that makes me happy.

Just wanted to pop in on a little update on me :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment