March 17, 2013

Going Veg

I don't know if I had mentioned it before but I saw the movie Vegucated and it really touched my heart at how cruel our food industry is. I guess in the end there is no real "humane" way to kill anything if you really think about it but I don't know what this move has done to me but man it changed so much! Anyway I made a deal in my head that I would give up caffeine and start eating a less meat diet and I have been doing it for 2 days now. I am also weaning myself off of meat because next month I am doing the Ultimate Reset and I HATE feeling sick and I hear that it is a symptom of detoxing so I want to alleviate that before I go into it all. I hate being addicted to things and I don't want any holds on me anymore.

Yesterday I had a GGS (Glowing Green Smoothie), pancakes, quinoa and black beans, chicken with tomato I only had 2 oz of chicken and some pita chips and hummus along with my shakeology. I didn't eat as many vegetables that I thought I would but I felt great!

Today I had a bowl of cereal, popcorn, vegan chili with beans the recipe that I posted for meatless Monday and a GGS. With my chili I had avocado and bread, that meal didn't have veggies either...seems I need to work on that huh? I also had made some sweet potato gnocci and eww I didn't like it so I ate my ground turkey with pea and tomato with potato with asparagus. Anyway day 2 without caffeine. I had 2 cups of green tea I am TIRED now. My eyeballs are burning and I feel SO full I blame that on the gnocci though it was really super dense.

For some reason this time is harder than the last to go meatless, maybe it is because I am thinking too much about it but tomorrow will be Meatless Monday and I have my meals all planned and ready to take them with me so I am excited about that. I am taking this thing one day at a time and know that it is a process and a marathon type of thing. Maybe I gave up too much at one time but to be honest caffeine is what I want to kick the most at the moment because I was drinking a cup of coffee and a Red Bull every day. It was starting to get pretty expensive lol.

I shall let you know how Meatless Monday goes. I have duty so what I bring with me is what I have to eat so I think I will be just fine, if I find myself frustrated than I'll head down to the gym and run on the treadmill :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment