June 25, 2013

Love......?

Love.......

It's been playing a huge part in my life since Sunday......I was thinking about it last night and maybe it is a word that should be used more often. Sometimes we know that we love people and we don't say it. I know I have held back from telling people that I love them because it is too soon or we are just friends and that’s just weird. Maybe it is a word that we can throw around a little bit more freely.

In 1 Cor 13: 1-8 it talks so much about love and it is something that we have in our hearts. Love teaches us many things and through love more things are possible. That's what I see anyway.

I was running yesterday and all I could think about was this message from Joyce and wondering why the heck it struck me so much. I think it did because LOVE is what is happening in my life right now. It's in the love of friends and family.

I have a son with my ex-husband who now lives with him and his new wife. At first this was hard for me, not because he has moved on but because my son was going to be influenced by a woman whom I had NO idea who she was. Then, I got the heartbreaking news that he started to call her Mom......that stung really bad and I held resentment towards her because of it and it only increased my anger at my ex for allowing this! I was appalled and disgusted and super super angry. I was also at a point in my life where everything made me angry and I had not accepted God into my heart yet, I was this torn, ugly, rude, ridiculous person that I don't even recognize today.

So, needless to say that over time I got over it and we met one day (can we say awkward!) but I cried like a big fat baby and told her that I was once upset about it but I thanked her for loving my son and appreciated all the she has done for him. This is where things started......she was building a relationship with my parents and my sister and now we are building one ourselves. Things are changing in my life.

Where I once thought that the families should be divided because my ex and I were. Now I realize that it doesn't need to be that way and we can all be nice and loving toward one another. That doesn't mean that we are all going to be best friends but we all respect each other enough to know our places and can all come together because we ALL LOVE my son. Through him we will all learn to love each other and that makes me smile.  To know that we are not "normal" and that we are happy and we can come together for the love that we all share for this child is amazing and I am proud to say that they are all my family too. Love is a powerful thing SO powerful if you just learn to let go and use it more freely, I now have a bigger bunch of people to call family which I accept with open arms. The road that was traveled to get here was not easy (I can only speak for myself). It was hard to accept and not at all easy to forgive and forget the past to start over. I did it with the help of my God, the one who is leading the way in my life that I am slowly letting go of and giving to Him.

Love has the power to conquer anything and through God there is love. So much you seriously won't know what to do with it. Positivity comes from it and you will exude a light that only God can give you. He is LOVE!

Thank you Jesus for the life that you have blessed me with and seeing me through it and silently affirming that it will all be okay. I knew through you that this day would come and I am so thankful for it! Praises to my God!

0 comments:

Post a Comment