June 17, 2013

My little revelation......

Yesterday I was listening to Joyce Meyer on my computer because I didn't go to church. I had to work yesterday afternoon and my husband had to finish his motorcycle instructor course in the morning. Yes, Father's Day was a bit of a bust. I digress. I learned a lesson this weekend and even though some may criticize me for it here it is all laid out.

In the message she talked about loving other people and the best way to experience God's love was to love other people. In that she quoted 1 Corinthians 13:1-8. She said that if we read it all the time that we would be less apt to mess up and be the people that God wanted us to be and I think that she is right. We HAVE to love other people, and be of service to them. I have been coming to this conclusion here lately with a NEED to want to do for other people. I don't really know what God is calling me to do in regards to this helping people need that I have, but I sure do know that I have been selfish and I am selfish in my own life I know this because there is a nagging in my head when I am being selfish.



I think where I need to start is with my family.

I am not a busy person but I always claim to be when it comes to my son. I always have "something" to do. It's never important just "something" that I have to do. Let's be real here, I don't like playing cars....it's boring to me but I should play cars anyway because my son wants me to. I would rather clean the toilet than play cars....this is a problem and one that I am aware of and one that I need to change. Just get down and play with the darn cars.

This "thing" that has been pulling at me also played out very well last week. I am telling you God is sending me all the signs and I am paying very close attention lol.




Cristian wanted to play outside....there was nothing out there to play with and I was pooped. He asked me to play with him I said there is nothing out there to play with.....he goes outside...alone.....and he comes back with the tee ball stand, a foam basketball, and a bat. He says SEE MOMMA there is something to play out here basketball. Well I was caught now wasn't I? So I went out and played for about 10-15 minutes and he had a lot of fun. Now this is something that I have always done. Cristian and I played ALL the time, I would chase him around the house, up the stairs, down the stairs, and I would sing with him and then out of nowhere we got here to MASS and I have been selfish.

Going outside to play with my son is showing him love and it is also spending time with him as well. I don't have a small little boy for that long and I should stop being selfish with my time and give it to him first and foremost. I am not a perfect person and I don't claim to be but making time is something that I have fought with here because I tend to follow my husband and his "lazy" ways. I am not making an excuse it is just what I have done, I own it. I am coming to terms with the fact that my life is not about me and I need to give to the one person I promised to give to my son.

I need to take more time to stop and smell the roses and not worry so much about the chores that need to be done in the house and stop living by a schedule all the time and just go out there and play cars with my son. I do everything in my house...except for the dishes the my husband takes care of some of the time. More often than not it is me and working a full time job, making sure that my husband and I have lunch for the next day, the kiddo gets a bath, I get my workout in, the small chores get done, and I spend quality time with the family during the week is really hard. Finding the balance is HARD lol but I should sacrifice other things and not the time that my son wants with me because I will never get that back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment