July 6, 2013

How to make it through Insanity

It isn't a joke when they say that Insanity is one of the hardest workouts to ever be put on DVD, but I know that if you have seen the infomercials and the results you don't really care about that right? I mean hello GREAT results in 60 days? I have done Insanity once before and I am in week 2 of it and I am already seeing the results of my hard work! 



The first time I did it I remember having to hold back my cookies because I seriously thought that I was going to get sick. I pushed through and made it about a month before my husband came back from deployment and it was then all about him :) In the beginning when you first start you are going to think this Shaun T is on the crazy train, you are going to be out of breath, you will pause it I am sure and every inch of your body will be in absolute pain especially your calves in the first week. If none of those things happen well honey you didn't push hard enough. 

SO how do you get through it.........

There are 3 levels in each circuit I like to think of them as light, medium, and bust your tail. 



Light level: This is where you would "jog." Take it slow and get to know each exercise. Go through the movement and do it nice and easy.

Medium Level: This is where you would "run" you are going to go faster on YOUR pace not the pace of the people on the TV push a bit harder than you did the last level but don't exert all of your energy. Think of it as your run you are breathing heavier but you can still maybe say a few words to someone if they were to talk to you. 

Bust your tail Level: This is where you are going to sprint. Find something to get mad at or something that is frustrating you and just GOOOOOOO this is where your all out effort is going to be. You just PUSH PUSH PUSH you will be out of breath and all of your focus is going to be right there and your goal is to go as fast as those on the TV but if you can't get there yet that is ok it is YOUR journey not theirs on the TV. 

Rest: Take your 30 second break and repeat the madness this is where I will pause it for a minute even because drinking water so fast give me the burps lol and I have to relax a bit before I drink water so that way I don't stop to burp in the middle of the next segment. 

Pure Cardio is probably the hardest workout on the damned thing just because you don't stop but what I do is pause it when I need a break and then just keep going. 

The moral of the story is that you DON'T quit. If you can't finsh the DVD pause it and catch your breath or make a goal to finish the damned thing. That's all take your time and understand that each level is like a build up and not an all out sprint for the three levels. It's pretty easy to get caught up in what is happening on the screen but you know your own ability so push yourself but not to the point where you are going to do any harm to yourself. 

If you want me to help you with your journey please email me at jeannettealverio(at)yahoo(dot)com

0 comments:

Post a Comment