February 11, 2015

21 Day Fix Extreme Day 2

Yesterday started out as a great day I woke up, had my breakfast and after that things went downhill from there.

I had duty yesterday so I had all my food packed and ready to go and a list of things that I was going to buy for lunch. Food was good. The bad part was that I had duty to right when I changed out of my uniform I got a call so I had to get back in uniform and gave up working out at lunch. As the day progressed so did this cold that I was getting. My kids recently have gotten over the flu so of course it is customary for parents to get it when the kids are done so it was my turn.

I was feeling weak, had a cough, and couldn't concentrate but I ate as scheduled and did the pilates workout since lifting didn't seem appealing to me. It worked but through the night it got worse and today I am DOWN for the count. I have body aches a cough and I am down for the count. My medicine is not working with my body and I am laid up and if it is anything like my kids than I am out for the rest of the week.

I am not one of those hard core girls anymore that works out when she is sick. It's actually not good for you and you are probably doing more damage than good because your body is working hard to fight off whatever you have, you are pushing it to limits beyond what it needs to be to heal the muscles that you have torn. It's not necessary. I feel like this happens to people some times when they need to take a beat so I am going to take a beat and re start the extreme on Monday again. I don't want to stress myself out over eating portions when I am just trying to eat something and get over this cold that I am just going to rest, relax, and get better. Hopefully I will feel better by Friday or Saturday and I will be able to do some yoga or something to stretch my lazy muscles back to life.

I didn't eat anything fantastic yesterday I went bland and boring because even though I had goals for this I was really doing it to cheer on a friend and help her get through it and I was not prepared :) SHe on the other hand was LOL.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, broccoli, sweet potato, banana
Snack: protein shake and strawberries
Lunch: Tuna, sweet potato (2 servings) salad with oil and vinegar
Dinner: Turkey meatballs and asparagus

I wasn't hungry or anything but was really full at lunch. I need to split my carbs but when I have duty it is hard to do that when I have to be in a car doing rounds so I did what I could with what I had and we all have moments like that right? I don't have pictures today but I will as soon as I resume!

Here is to feeling better! XO

0 comments:

Post a Comment