August 17, 2015

How I get ready for a workout!

I was graciously inspired by the Team at ETB FIT to write a post on how I get ready and fuel for a workout! They are a legit company that provides fitness supplements for atheletes! When I was asked to write the post I was super excited because the topic of getting ready for a workout is right up my alley!

I am asked often how I get ready to workout especially when I don't really want to and how I stay so motivated to continue to workout. My answer may sound a little vain but after living for 10 years in a body I didn't like and being so comfortable in my skin now, I would not have it any other way. I am pretty accustomed to working out now, that it is simply, just a part of my day now.

To get started with my workout days on the weekend, I usually have a grain free and dairy free protein shake and if I am working out in the morning I wait an hour and then I do whatever workout I have planned for the day. During the week I have my protein shake and eat my breakfast around 9:30 at my desk and wait until my lunch break at 11:30 to workout. Now that I am training for a marathon I am running at 5 in the morning and doing some cross training 4 times a week. I am doing the 21 Day Fix Extreme and yoga on the weekends.

My typical breakfast
During my workouts if I am running I am a big fan of podcasts unless I am over listening to people talk, then I'll listen to dance and techno music on my iPod I usually find that keeping to a beat keeps me in cadence and I zone out on the music and focus on my form and steps which assists me in not being so tired. Music and podcasts keep my mind focused on other things rather than simply running. I know there will be times where I am on a long run especially at the beginning of my run where my mind likes to go to negative places and asks me why I am running so far ha ha ha.

 I am a firm believer in cross training. I don't think anyone should one trick pony anything. It keeps everything fresh and new which is why I incorporated strength training and yoga to my daily routine. I have been doing that for about a month now and I am still eager to get out and run just as much as I am to strength train and I am finding that I am recovering if at all from my longs runs by the next day, so there is something seriously to be said about that.
After my workouts I usually wait about half an hour and then go on about eating for my day. I don't take any recovery supplements at the moment. If it is during the week I will just grab my lunch and eat that after my workout and if it is during the weekend I tend to have a small snack or eat my next meal depending on how hungry I am.


0 comments:

Post a Comment