August 30, 2015

Marathon Training Week 4

WOW I can't believe I am a month into marathon training! That's pretty exciting but, the road ahead is a long one theoretically and seriously!

I feel like I am still trying to catch my groove with cross training, running, and nutrition. Its such a tricky balance overall I need to eat more so I am giving myself a chance to get used to eating again since I have ramped up the calorie burn. I have been getting pretty bored with food lately so I will be making some changes to our grocery list soon! I have to be more blog minded so I can share things other than recaps!

Cross training is changing once again! I am going to do Les Mills Pump. It is the program that I wanted to use to begin with but I thought my husband was using our barbell but alas he is not SO I am super excited to start because Les Mills is really only meant to be used 3 times a week so it's a win and it keeps me from working out 5 times a week for an extra 30 minutes. My plan is to do Les Mills Tuesday and Thursday and calm yoga on Sunday to stretch from my runs.

SO how did my training go this week?

It went pretty well! My husband took off with the kids to see his family so I had the house to myself and it enabled me to make a schedule that I wanted for running SO it was nice not to worry about family time and running. The only problem with that was that I was wanting to run more because I had all the time in the world and I wanted to keep busy but I didn't. I stayed right on schedule.

My husband was able to see Ellie Mae while he was visiting with family. She wasn't doing to well and was getting treatment while they were there but she was able to ride tricycles and play with the kids so I am sure that lifted her spirits!

Ellie and her Dad riding bikes together

Yesterday I did my long run right before I picked up my husband and kids from the airport. I was so excited about picking them up that it was hard to maintain the 10:05 minute pace that I was supposed to run. I settled in at 9:55 because it was kind of hurting to run that slow after awhile. I ran 10:20 for a few miles and that felt ok but I felt like I was forcing it so either I have to discipline myself more or I have to speed it up just a tad but we'll see as the weeks go on. This was my first time actually trying to slow down my pace, when I did my 6 and 7 mile run I was running at 9:07. I think I might have to do a mile test or something to really gauge where I am at......speaking of I need to get my hands on a track LOL.



This week was pretty good and I can say that another week is down and thank God I am injury free. It was nice to have a break from my family obligations and just be me for a little while but I am glad that they are home.

In the week that they have been gone I realized that I love giving to my family and loving them. I missed the little things like bringing my daughter to bed with me to hang out in the mornings and to actually cook for more than just me. I have to say that a few weeks before they left I was thinking that I was selfish for wanting to read a book and just relax and the tables turned and I actually missed doing things for them. My life is full and I am grateful for the craziness that is my life.

I am so happy she is home! Can you tell?

Morning cuddles with Momma!

She always eats my strawberries so I gave her some of her own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment