August 10, 2015

Marathon training Week 1 rundown

I am so excited to be blogging again. I am keeping a personal journal of my training experience as suggested by the Non-runners Guide To Marathon Training. I am really enjoying that process so I decided to just blog it as well so I can share with everyone because it is true you have different emotions every day and people only tend to see the outcome of the labor and not the process and I am all about that process. It's what gets you there to that point you know? All the bad days and the monumental breakthrough days, they all get you to that one singular point where you reach your goal. It's all encompassing. 

So anyway, back to the point. I am using a training plan from Myheartracesblog.com and it is going pretty well. She has a 16 week plan so I am doing week 1 and 2 and then doing it again since I started with 18 weeks until the marathon. Yesterday was my long run day I had 6 miles.

It was cloudy when I woke up and I was trying to hurry and get going before it started to rain but it had started right before I got to where I was going to start my run and I almost turned around to wait it out but I stopped myself from going home because when I did the Wine and Dine it rained the whole way so I know that I needed to train in all conditions because I don't know what I will be getting myself into come race day so out I went. I turned my Garmin inward and my phone in my clothes and went at it. I decided to run a bit faster but comfortable rather than try to hold myself back. I had the energy and I just went for it. I ended up running a 9:10 average pace which I thought was good so I am going to try and aim for that pace for my marathon. We will see what happens from here until then and if I can maintain that pace but for right now that is my goal. 




Overall the week went well I ran 4 times last week and I felt like I could have run more which is hinting that I am not over training by any means but that I am right on course. I have been doing PiYo and that was pretty good I really enjoyed the stretch but I think I am going to add some weight training twice a week. A big mistake that I noticed when I trained for my half marathons and what I have been researching is that I dropped everything and almost had to build muscle again because I wasn't cross training SO with that said 2-3 times a week I am going to strength train and once a week rock a yoga workout so that I am working on everything; strength, flexibility, and my runs. Maybe this will keep me at the pace that I need to be for that marathon and of course if I get too tired than I will be backing off some and incorporating more yoga to my life.

I plan on posting my favorite podcasts, books, and running gear that I am into! Until next time!


XO Jeannettte

0 comments:

Post a Comment