August 23, 2015

Marathon Training Week 3:

I can't believe that I am going onto Week 4 of training. Unreal that I have been running and loving it for a month and by that I mean training.

I have been mixing it up a bunch so I think it is keeping everything fresh and not boring. I am still not high up in the mileage, I am going to do 8 this week but it's not until next week that I go to 9 and then from there it gets a bit crazy with double digit training runs and they don't go back to the single digits until after race day when I reverse taper.

I have been waking up early (around 5) and getting my runs in because the humidity here in New England it a bit ridiculous! I did my long run on Friday because I had to take my family to the airport on Saturday and I thought it was going to rain all day but it did that today......Anyway I had gotten it done and ran my 3 miles on Saturday evening.

My husband is actually going to visit Ellie at St Jude tomorrow with my kids. She is there for a whole month receiving treatment. I am excited for her because she will get to meet Molly and hang out with Cristian for a bit so I hope that lifts her spirits! I am really excited to hear about how she is doing! Hopefully it is as good of news as you can get.

This week I did 4 runs and 4 days of cross training. I ran 4 miles on Monday and Wednesday and 7 miles on Friday and 3 on Saturday. Monday- Wednesday I did 21 Day Fix workouts  Thursday I rested Friday I only ran and yesterday I did some yoga and my 3 mile run.

It's almost hard to believe that I am going to run a marathon because "training" only feels like a workout for now but I am going to ramp up my training in the next few weeks.

I suppose that it was pretty uneventful I am just getting it done week by week. I still feel super motivated because I feel that I am giving to another by raising money and running for the cause. I get why people do it now. While I don't have to fundraise for St. Jude I am doing it because I feel called and compelled to since this seriously hits close to home.

Until next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment