January 11, 2013

Recipe: Cookie Dough Hummus

There isn't too much outside of clean that I can eat while I am on this competition diet which is totally okay with me because it opened my eyes to exactly HOW much process unhealthy foods I was eating. Time for a reality check right?

SO I went digging and I found this recipe and I LOVE IT! I can eat everything in it and I would use it on a cheat day because of the sugar and the chocolate chips and graham crackers that you can eat with this and that my dears makes it all that much better! 

Don't be afraid to try it just because chickpeas are in there. It's really good and good for you! I DARE you to bring this to a party and not tell anyone that this is a healthy option and see how it is received!!!!


Since I have been on a healthy kick and I am trying to eat as mean and clean as possible, I have to adjust some of the things that I like to eat. There are certain times that I crave sweets like it is nobody’s business and this is one of my go-to recipes and I wanted to share with you guys this awesome recipe. Now trust me when you see the ingredients you are going to probably say seriously?!?!? Ha ha trust me it’s yummy and you will probably become obsessed.



  • 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained) (250g after draining)
  • heaping 1/8 tsp salt
  • tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup nut butter of choice (You can get away with using only 3 tbsp. If you use peanut butter, some people say it has a slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so you can sub oil if you don’t want that.)
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips
2 tbsp oats (You can omit if desired.)
  • milk of choice as needed (depending on the consistency you want. I used a few tbsp.)

Add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, to a food processor (for best results, not a blender) and blend until VERY smooth.

I hope that you all enjoy this yummy snack!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment