January 20, 2013

Week 3 DOWN! Progress Pics!

I am done with week 3 training and I can say that WOW am I feeling a change in my body and mind! Things are slowly coming into perspective as I inch by closer and closer to my competition date. While it is still far away, I am feeling more confident about the whole thing.

This was the FIRST week that I am not in pain so I am getting "used" to the workouts! Don't get me wrong I am still pushing and sweating I am just mobile when it comes to moving. The Sunday workout got me REAL good I was hurting until Wednesday!!!!! Way to go Cathy! LOL. I did some yoga to stretch my muscles and MAN was that amazing! I totally enjoyed the peace and serenity that came with the yoga poses and what not.

I have finally found my rhythm as well FINALLY!!!!!! I have filled up my plate with so much that I had to figure out a way to get all of my commitments honored in a balanced way! Right now I have

College classes
Full Time job
Mommy
Wife
Bible study
Competition workouts
Competition meal planning.
Running online challenge groups

This is all that I have to balance in my 24 hour day! So I thought that I would write down a few tips that I have learned along the way to help you out!

I have a planner. A paper and pen planner! I write down everything that I want to accomplish that day in my planner. Which means that I take my weekly HW assignments or my things to do and break them down in to smaller assignments or tasks. For example, I have 5 assignments due this week on top of reading for my class. So I put one chapter and one assignment down for each day and knock it out when the day comes. If I see it planned it relieves so much stress for me! I also write in my workout and cardio separate on my calendar so that I can individually check them off. On days like Wednesday when I have a ton to do and Bible Study takes up most of my evening I try to lessen the load on myself :) it's all about balance and what works for YOU! My way may not be the best way but it works for ME.

Try and find something that works for you and start achieving it to create balance in your life. It takes work and discipline in the beginning but the payoff is unreal!



3 weeks doing workouts 1 month with CSF

0 comments:

Post a Comment