November 14, 2013

Consistency is the key to success

So I have been M. I. A. soul searching a bit, but I think that everyone deserves a break in life right? I was talking to an officer at work and he was asking me what my plans were for work now that I have changed my mind with some things with my career. I told him that I didn't really know.....I am at a point in my career where I kind of have to sit and wait for a little while before I can move ahead which is ok I guess there is a season to just sit and relax and enjoy the destination that you worked so hard to get to. 

This post is mostly about consistency, doing those small things daily that lead to a GRAND result! Sadly, this was not the case for me and I want to be transparent as to hopefully inspire you to have some consistency in your life too.

This year was tough for me.....I got out of debt and got back into debt, I traveled beyond my means because I couldn't say no to people, I stopped making goals because I was afraid to fail and not achieve them and was too embarrassed of what other people would think of me if I achieved them, I gained 6 pounds because I went haywire and was on a consistent vacation (a weight I maintained for 2 years). I wanted to start my own photography business and let that fall to the way side because I doubted myself and my ability. 

Lately I started thinking to myself where the heck did all this come from? I was once so driven and so goal oriented and I have seriously finished everything that I dreamed of doing for YEARS now. I have 2 degrees, I am making amazing money at work, I have a great respectful smart child, I have a wonderful family. I am truly finally happy but still so unfulfilled.......because I stopped making goals and I didn't dare to dream big. Then I started thinking about my goals and what the heck I was going to do to achieve them.

I totalluy digressed but I realized that I am not really fulfilled with what I thought that I wanted and I wasn't being consistent in ANYTHING in every aspect of my life.


 I wasn't consistent in starting my business, or my healthy lifestyle and in turn I do not have a business to call my own and I certainly did gain some weight, I feel like I failed myself and I got myself back into the debt that I got myself out of. I am seriously at square one again and this certainly is not the first time that I have done this to myself. 

It is seriously time for some change!!!! Changes will be made that's for sure I need to grow up and get outta my rut! 

You may want to live that healthy lifestyle but don't know where to start. 

  1. Make changes weekly for example stop drinking soda, next week add 1 green veggies over time these things will compound into the person that you want to see reflecting in the mirror.
  2. Do these things daily. Temptation is going to be in the way EVERY DAY and it is going to be there more so in the beginning when you are trying to start following the straight line.
  3. Food is going to be your frienemy lol. You will want all the things you can't have because you can't have them but think about all of the things that you can have and remember WHY you are doing what you are doing.
  4. Exercise daily. Walk, run, Zumba, dance. I may be a beachbody coach and I love their products but as long as you are moving and being healthy DO IT. You have to do what makes you happy so that you keep doing it and when that doesn't work anymore find something else that will keep you going! 
  5. Be disciplined! Make a dream board, watch YouTube videos to keep that fire burning when it is just a little ember!
This is just the beginning but this should help you get started and the same goes with debt or anything in your life that you need to be consistent with. Just change the words around to make them fit for you :) 

Until next time!!!!!

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment