August 12, 2012

The "Dieters Plalette"

There are so many diets and fads that are out there that it can be SUPER DUPER confusing as far as what the heck diet am I going to do and how the heck am I going to get healthy or lose this weight.

It may look something like this.....

Well I can tell you that eating healthy is something that you just don't KNOW the first time that you go at it. I would really suggest trying the don't eat this eat that type of approach to your healthy LIFESTYLE. Your palette isn't accustomed to yummy goodness that comes from the Earth it is used to things that come in a box.

So as I previously suggested try a salad so that you can learn to use different vegetables. I sometimes add shredded carrots to my tomato sauce just to get some good ol' vitamin C. I also try one vegetable at a time. There is no way in the world that FOR ME I would have eaten Spinach and a first choice to a vegetable. I kept to the basics. Celery, Cauliflower, tomato, cucumber, lettuce (romaine) carrots, and broccoli. That is where I stayed for awhile until I NEEDED something new so that's when I ventured out and tried things but I looked up recipes first. Skinnytaste.com is a wonderful resource to keep flavor into your food and keeping the fat and calories to a minimum :D I am on that website at lease once a week and I recommend it as much as I can and no I am not getting paid or anything I found her blog on Pinterest and fell in love! You'll see if you try it.

I digress.... Keep in mind that healthy eating isn't something that comes natural to most of us and it is something that has to be taught. So here are some healthier alternatives for you to try!

Low sodium chicken stock
Light Mayo
Reduced fat cheese
spray butter for your vegetable I swear it tastes the same.
Brown rice (try the 10 minute rice)
Beans are an awesome source of protein.
reduced fat salad dressings or make your own vinagrette.

and finally cut back on the bread, pasta, cakes, juices, and candy. Making small swaps over time will train your palette and keep the healthy coming!

0 comments:

Post a Comment