January 22, 2014

Snack Ideas for on the go

This is probably the easiest but most challenging meal of my day.......snacks. I mean there are so many things that you can eat but at the same time holy crap what the heck do I eat? SO I am dedicating this blog post to snacks! The tips on what to eat when you are stumped or on to go! I am also going to provide a recipe or 2 :)












Fruit - I mean it's pretty obvious, you just either cut it up or throw a piece of fruit in your bag and you are ready to go out the door and on your way I usually buy a bag of grapes take them off the stem and bag them individually. I don't count them I just throw enough in the bag to carry me over to my next meal. Typically though I eat a banana or an apple because they are so portable.

Nuts- These are great to have you can put them in the car already portioned out in a bag or you can buy the 100 calorie packs (they are never enough) I don't usually do nuts though because I tend to over eat them and then hate myself afterward so I usually don't do this but hey, it may work for you.

Yogurt - This is pretty portable too but you need to keep it cool so if you are in a rush this may not be the best option

Vegetables with hummus - This was one of my go to snacks for a long time. I would bring my cut up vegetables and my spicy hummus and would just eat it up at my desk. I REALLY enjoyed having these around and didn't feel guilty at all. Carrots, peppers, broccoli, snap peas. I mean you could also bring veggies only with you and those are a great filling snack without the hassle!

Shakeology - I usually use this as a snack replacement not a meal replacement so it is quick all I have to do is add water shake it up and drink it. It can't get much easier than that can it?

Energy bites - These are great and they are super easy to make and very portable. To make them all you will need is

1/2 c nut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 honey
1 scoop of chocolate shakeology or chocolate protein
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 c flaxseed
1 c oatmeal
3/4 water

Mix all together roll into a ball and refrigerate. 
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter) 1 tsp vanilla 1/3 cup honey 1 scoop chocolate Shakeology 1 cup coconut flakes 1/2 cup ground flaxseed 1 cup oatmeal 3/4 cup water - See more at: http://iva-young.healthcoach.integrativenutrition.com/shakeologyno-bake-energy-bites#sthash.SDSlFaqF.dpuf

1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter) 1 tsp vanilla 1/3 cup honey 1 scoop chocolate Shakeology 1 cup coconut flakes 1/2 cup ground flaxseed 1 cup oatmeal 3/4 cup water - See more at: http://iva-young.healthcoach.integrativenutrition.com/shakeologyno-bake-energy-bites#sthash.SDSlFaqF.dpuf



Hopefully these options will make things a little bit easier for you to make some healthier choices this year :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment