January 21, 2014

Struggles with being healthy, I'm human too!

When it comes to leading a healthy lifestyle it is pretty easy overall once you get the hang of it but it's not always the easiest to maintain when there are "normal" people around you. I call them normal because they are the people that consider healthy eaters the "other" for example, oh YOUR healthy?? Um yeah thanks I didn't even know that was a category ha ha. I digress......

It's really hard for me to see my skinny husband eat a burger and do 5 sit ups and lose the bloat or not gain a pound. Going out to eat is also a struggle for me because as a child I never used to go anywhere and the thought of steak and potatoes sounded classy to me for I don't know how long. That is usually what I order which isn't terrible but isn't great either and I eat ALL the bread. Ha ha.

I also gauge what I eat to what other people eat because yes I am one of THOSE people that doesn't want to get criticized or made fun of because I am "Healthy" needless to say I don't go out to eat much because I am trying to save money and everything is far from me anyway BUT eating out is STILL something that comes as a problem to me because I want to be able to eat what I can't cook at home.



I also don't feel like working out every day. Not only because I am pregnant but there are days where I just want to be in lazy mode and the motivation for me to get up and move is terrible. Often times it is on the weekend that I don't want to work out. Now that I am pregnant it is Monday's but I just make that my rest day and move on. Waking up at 5:30 AM and then working all day doesn't make it fun to workout at 5 in the evening. I do my workouts because I know that once I am done I feel great!

I also deal with the struggles with time. I sometimes feel that I don't have the time to workout for 30-45 minutes all the time. I just think about the time that I would be sitting in front of the television and just go and get it done so I can stop obsessing about it. Before I was pregnant waking up at 5 to workout out and get it out of the way was super ideal for me because it was done before my real day even started but, you have to find out what works for you.

I am just like you. Working out isnt the most fun thing that I could be doing with my time but I get it done. I know that it is great for my health and will give me the health that I need for a long life. Sometimes I take a week off and there are times when I overindulge. The point is, I don't let that define me and my journey with my healthy life. It's simple really if I eat healthy more than I eat like crap and work out more than I won't eating unhealthy one time or twice a week isn't really going to ruin anything if I don't make the unhealthy living a habit.

I am here for you if you ever need help to get on the other side or you come to a crossroads where you are struggling! :)


Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment