October 14, 2012

5 miles and Les Mills

Yesterday I went out for a 5 mile run. I don't know what got into me but I wanted to see if I could do it. Well in my neighborhood I have a 2.6 mile road that leads out of the neighborhood so I did that. It was pretty chilly so I waited until it was 10 so that way it would be warmer. I got out there decided to ditch my jacket in my car and go. That was boo boo #1!!!! WOW it was FREEZING OUT THERE! I had a head wind and whew I sure did know it! My hands were red and everything was just COLD.

The next boo boo was when I turned on my runkeeper and tried to adjust my music and my stupid iPhone just TURNED off with more than half the battery.............WTF! Gosh! I was HEATED so needless to say I wanted to turn the heck around get my jacket get in the car and run over the dang phone! HA HA. I don't have anger issues or anything. About a mile into the run I saw another runner and was entertained with trying to reach her but my crazy head didn't realize that the route I gave myself had hills upon hills upon hills! WITH A HEADWIND and if you are a runner you KNOW that kind of sucks ha ha ha! All I could think about was the fact that I am a Bad Ass Barbie for doing it LMAO! SO I got out there and pack and noted the time that I left and came back and I ran the 5.2 miles in 48 minutes which left me at a 9.13 pace which I thought was AMAZING because of the hills and the headwinds not to mention the cold! I was super excited about that!!!!!

While I was at the running store on Friday, the guy mentioned workout gear that wicks the moisture away from you and I had bought some socks and I was interested in getting some clothes because if I am going to run in the cold than I may as well get some good gear that wouldn't drown me in sweat so I went on eBay and let me tell you even on there it isn't cheap! I did end up winning 2 pairs of pants for about 30 bucks for both and I was LOOKING for them and then I went to Target picked up their Champion jacket and a pair of pants and a shirt and that cost me 68 bucks for all three pieces needless to say I am DONE! UGH! ha ha ha! If I do things I like to do them right and if it was summertime I probably wouldn't have invested in them I am just deathly afraid of being cold LOL. WHY do I live up North again?!?!?! Oh yeah because of the USCG but whatever ha ha!

Les Mills Day 5 was today and it was Pump Challenge again......20 minutes and that's it. Flow was fun I did that yesterday too and I will probably do it again tomorrow just for some extra stretching I have Hardcore Abs tomorrow I hear that is a tough one.....I am intimidated I hate AB work by the way. just because I am fit doesn't mean I have to like everything right? Tomorrow I am going to run another 5 miles and then do the hard core abs with the flow. I am going to watch Joss Stone tomorrow with a friend so I know that means I am going to eat out and what not so I may as well get the calories in LMAO!

Hope you had a great weekend!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment