October 7, 2012

Back from a break :D

Sometimes you just need a break from the internet and a "rut" that it brings into your life in orer to refocus and realize what it really is that you are doing.

I was at a point in my life where it was facebook facebook facebook and pinterest and anything that you can get your hands on to suck the time from your life and I got to thinking that I spend WAY too much time on those things and I needed to get back to reality and see what my life really was PRIOR to all these internet gadgets so I slowed it down and now I have found balance in my life again.

When it comes to fitness......I have been working out but you know there have to be goals in your life and I have reached every single one of those goals that I wanted to accomplish.

I lost 25 pounds, quit smoking, have a relationship with GOD, spend more time with my family, make a better effort to hang out with my children etc etc. I could go on for days but let's just say I hit a brick wall when it comes to goals and what I really want out of life and I still don't know what the answer to that is.

I know that for now I want to be more involved with my photography and I want my muscles back I also want to get promoted with my J. O. B. and continue on my path to get debt free. Sooooooo......I have been reading this blog that another blogger turned me onto Run For Cookies. What a great blog! It is about a woman who decided to lose over 100 pounds so that first she could do a marathon and then she wanted to just be healthy and of course run for cookies. I used to love running and then I quit because the weather in AK wasn't always ideal and treadmill running can wear you out! It's BORING! I love doing tempo runs on the treadmill but I like to GO SOMEWHERE too! So.....when it comes to fitness I am planning to start running and work towards running The Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon, it's in November of next year and it will give me a good enough time to get more comfortable with running and also get in some GREAT weather to train in so I don't have to run long runs on the treadmill. YUCK!


My next goal is to run some FUN races like the Warrior Dash and the Color Run here in Boston and the Diva Dash that I missed this year. It is time to get competitive. I also miss my muscles! Holy crap have I turned into a not so muscular looking chic and I want that back so I ordered Les Mills Pump from Beachbody and I will be starting that next week as well and I can say that I am super excited about that. I will be working out three days a week and the other three days I can RUN and I can train my two co-workers on their weight training and run with them too! I am starting to gain more focus on what I want and I love it.


I have limited myself to FB in the mornings and while everyone is showering. That is more than enough time in the cyber world. I also want to blog more! It's really fun just to get my ideas out there and if you read them great and if not that's great to so I will be changing the focus of this blog to a more personal one where I talk more about.......EVERYTHING! I can't wait to get started!

0 comments:

Post a Comment