October 19, 2012

Running!!!!

I ran yesterday, it was a no Les Mills Pump Day. There are a few rest days through out the program and you literally are not doing PUMP every day. They have the FLOW and Hard Core Abs workout included in there too. SO all in all you have three days of real pump and then three days of either walking ab work or flow. It is pretty balanced. Since the girls at work like running and I needed some form of cardio and was not in the mood to add some Insanity I opted for running as well.

My love for running started pretty much when I got in the Army where running and I had a WTF relationship. WTF am I doing up at 6:30 AM to run 6 flippin miles kind of relationship! Ha ha! It was not FUN. Over time I made it into a competition and I LOVE me some competition I love to win and if I can beat one person and be faster than them than I won! SO that's how it all started by some friendly EFF this crap competition! Then I let that go because I got out of the Army and then I fell back into it when I had B and then when my marriage failed. Running was always there for me when I needed it. The last time I ran I was inspired by a Chief that worked with us. She ran and ran and ran and she got really tiny. I wanted to so the same thing minus the tiny part. What caught me with her is that she ran races. I had never run a 5K or a 10K before and I wanted to try it. So that is exactly what I did. I ran my first 5K in Kodiak in 27 minutes and then I ran a 10K and finished in 56 or 57 minutes?? and then another for the 4th of July and I did that one in 56 minutes. I didn't really TRAIN for them I just threw myself out there and ran! Well......I didn't know anything about shoes and what not and I got really bad shin splints and couldn't run for months and then winter came and didn't end until May, so here I am with an opportunity to run and I am taking it!

Now that I am into fitness I sincerely love all things fitness and my programs were starting to bore me and with everything that I had in me from being in AK all I wanted to do was run. I had read about races that I wanted to do and I even made a scrapbook goal page to go with the runs that I wanted to do. I wanted to run the Diva Half Marathon and the Disney Half Marathon. SOOOOO I am going to run both of them next year! I also found a running store that I am going to join up and do pub runs with I think it would be super fun and I would meet some friends that have the same interest as myself so I think that would be cool too!


Here are the runs that I was able to track on my runkeeper! That way I can be accountable to what I do :) and you can see what I am doing as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment