February 23, 2014

Bumpdate Week 23


I was recently inspired to do my own head shots from a group of coaches that had their done and realized that Hey I can do those myself. SO I did and what a treat for my self confidence! I have been pretty scared of the camera because my past pregnancies have been pretty brutal to my self esteem but that is another post for another day. Here is my week 23 Bumpdate!


How far along: 23 Weeks


Symptoms:  I have been feeling really tired and hungry this week. My schedule has been off and after all the snow storms, spring break, and being off one day here and there since Christmas I am ready for a routine. My body seriously craves it.  I have had some serious pelvic pain this week and it hurts so bad I almost cried, I knew it was coming because I had it with my second I just never thought it would happen this fast.......oh the joys of pregnancy LOL

Weight Gain: 16 pounds

Cravings: Sweets, I crave them more and more often now, I try to eat fruits and most times it goes away but there are sometimes where I just give myself that sugar :)

What's Up With My Body:  This week I pushed it REALLY hard in the workout department. In my mind if I have more time I can do more and obviously my body told me that is NOT the case. I have really severe pelvic pain. I have taken a rest day today and I already feel better and I WILL be taking it easy on my workouts by walking for my cardio and then lifting some very light weights to keep my muscles from turning to mush. I am going to see how my body reacts to that and adjust until I find something that works. I had this pelvic pain with my second and I hope it doesn't get worse and I can manage and not let it flare up again like I did this week. Other than that it's a bunch of trips to the bathroom and feeling the weirdness of pregnancy ha ha.

Movement:  This is the week where my little has gotten SO strong, I can see her move through the outside of my belly now and my husband can really feel her too. I love that she is getting stronger despite my pelvic pain. Feeling her move is a bit awkward because it's so new but I crave for her to move when she is sleeping or just relaxing.

Things I Need To Do: I need to make a registry and check my pump and make sure that I have all of the pieces so that I can order the parts I need in case I need new ones. I need to figure out my eating because it has been a bit CRAZY ha ha.


Workouts:  I have done Chalean Extreme and did the 21 Day Fix workouts which is probably what killed me this week in regards to my pelvic pain. So for Week 24 I am going to ONLY stick to Chalean Extreme and see how that works and if that doesn't work than I will maybe do the Pregnancy Project or Barre and see how that works. I am also going to add 30-45 min of walking during my lunch break to get my cardio in.
Best Pregnancy moment: Feeling my baby get stronger was one of the best moments of the week. I am eager to meet her but glad that she is getting bigger and stronger. I love that my husband was able to feel her too! That made me extremely happy as he has been waiting awhile to experience this pregnancy with me. :)

Thoughts: Honey take it easy! This is the last time that you will be pregnant so ENJOY the ride. Don't push too hard and remember that you are not superwoman and your body will let you know when you have pushed too hard. Sit back relax and enjoy the ride do some work but just because you have time doesn't mean you have to push. Read a book or watch some television.

Goals for next week: Find a workout that helps with the pelvic pain. Check out my pump and order the parts and get my registry done this weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment