February 2, 2014

This weeks meal plan


Whew today was an awesome day :) I truly loved staying in this weekend and taking care of the house. I was able to go through my clothes and get them out of my closet to make room for some maternity items as well as clean out my sons drawers to make yet another donation pile. I was also able to get my workouts in and I feel so fantastic. It is such a difference in how I feel because I am rested rather than trying to make it through the day with waking up at 5:30 to get to work!


 


So, this week I was rather uninspired and didn’t really want to plan for any meals. I didn’t know really what I wanted to eat, there was nothing “calling out to me.” All the cravings I have been having lately has been for some sort of fruit so it is kind of hard to plan meals when all you want to do is eat fruit salad or raisins ha ha.

Usually for breakfast I eat the same things. Lunch is a toss up so I make my meal plans for dinner J I will add my breakfast to the meal plan but seriously I eat the same thing every day and probably add a fruit on a whim.

For this pregnancy I have kept in mind to eat vegetables with every meal that I eat and not to eat out as often but to also enjoy myself and indulge at times for example, Friday our potatoes weren’t looking too hot to eat and all we had left was just chicken as we ran out of veggies so I just told my husband to go out to Wendy’s to get me chicken nuggets and fries ha ha! Well it was pretty good and I don’t regret it because in Jan I have eaten sloppy about 5 times.

So here is my meal plan for the week.

Monday:  B: 3 eggs scrambled, ¼ c peppers, 2 slices turkey bacon.
L: Salad with spinach, romaine, cucumber, scallion, applegate turkey, balsamic braggs dressing

D: Chicken, mashed potato, green beans

Tuesday:

D: Tacos with ground beef and homemade taco seasoning

Wednesday: D: Carne guisada (skinnytaste.com) w/ brown rice

Thursday: D: Beef lo mein (Body For Life Cookbook)

Friday: Turkey keilbasa with peppers and potato.

SNACKS: Apple with peanut butter. Bananas. Oranges. Grapes. White Chocolate Macadamia Cliff bars.

I kept it pretty simple this week. We are headed out of town on later on in the week so I didn’t fill it in for the weekend as we are going to be traveling. I hope that this helps you see that eating healthy isn’t hard. MOST times if you cook what you have from scratch you will totally be able to achieve a healthy lifestyle. I know that it takes time to cook from scratch and make everything homemade but it is totally worth it for your health. You will reap what you sow for sure in the health department. This is totally true as I am right on track for my pregnancy weight gain ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment