February 11, 2014

How to get through a 90 day workout plan

I know that when I started P90X in 2011 I was so excited about doing it that I just all about that tunnel vision and had my goal in mind. I knew that I was going to change my life and I was obsessing over the meal plan, printing the schedule I mean I WAS PUMPED!!!!! 



I was like Jeannette you are going to wake up at 5 AM and kill this THING!!!! OOOOO GIRL! I mean we all start that way right? SO excited and SO motivated I mean who wouldn't someone just told you about an awesome oppourtunity and hyped everything up for you and they lit that fire right. So how do you keep that fire on?

I know that there may come a point in your journey that you may get frustrated or antsy with the program that you are on, it happened with me when I did P90X. Here are some tips that may help you get through your hump! 

1.) Take everything one day at a time. 
        Try not to look at WHEN you are going to be done or how long you have left. Think about what you have already accomplished and how your body must change inside then out. 

2.) Don't post the WHOLE 90 day calendar up! 
      Just post your weekly workouts or write them in your planner so that you can see your goals for the week instead of looking at the future. You will get there when you get there. 

3.) Surround yourself with like minded people. 
     THIS one helped me out a lot. Being around like minded people helped me because when I hit "the wall" everyone was there to praise me and raise me up because they had gone through the same thing at one point in time. This is where challenge groups will become phenomenal for you because those people will actually be going through it WITH YOU! 

4.) Remember WHY you set out to achieve this goal. 
    I wrote my WHY on a piece of paper and put it on the fridge next to my good bye picture and put it in my bathroom mirror the 2 places that I frequented the most. I knew exactly why I was on this plan and I stayed focused on the goal but on the short term goal of completing every workout. 

5.) Remember the fire and the passion that you had when you started this whole journey. 
    Maybe you don't blog like I do and maybe you don't even keep a journal but you do have your memories. I know that I made a folder on my desktop with pictures of motivating people. I also frequented the P90X video that gave me the push to even ask for help in the first place. 

At the end of the day with anything, if you want to succeed you have to plan to. I know that every day there isn't going to be a great big fire of motivation and I know that things come up that will cause you to miss a workout. Stay focused on the goal and the prize at the end which is a healthier life for you!

Starting a new program can be a hard daunting task.

0 comments:

Post a Comment