February 27, 2014

Pregnancy Woes

Last week I really did it when I messed up my pubic bone. Really it wasn't something I did it was just a result of the exercise I was doing. Needless to say when the doc told me to slow the hell down I put my head down and walked away. 

I have a serious Type A personality and being told that I cannot be superwoman anymore seriously irks my life. It was almost as if you had told me that I was going to be in a wheel chair for the rest of my pregnancy. Now, I am being dramatic but that is comparable to how I feel about the whole situation. What has happened to my pubic bone is the relaxin hormone that rushed through my body relaxed my hips too much and my pubic bone is starting to separate and is causing me pain which in turn means no squats or lunges that is going to separate my pelvis. Really, it is not all that bad but I was following a program that had compound movements and it threw me for a loop. 

Needless to say I went on the hunt for a workout that I could do. I had purchased Barre3 workouts for my pregnancy but felt so good that I continued my regular routine. So I pulled them out and started doing those this week after letting my flare up with my pubic bone clear up for a few days. 

I really like the program but don't feel like I am getting TOO much out of it only because I am still getting used to the movements but I think I might just get Suzanne Bowens barre workout for pregnancy, to see if that works better for me since it is meant for pregnant women so I don't have to continue to modify EVERYTHING that I am doing. I have also purchased the 10 minute solution pilates workout to do on days where I need something different. I have 4 months until this little lady pops out so that's still a lot of time for me to stay active :) I am also walking 30-45 minutes per day either on the elliptical or the treadmill. I tried the treadmill today and I didn't really like the way that it hurt my ligaments so I will probably be doing more of the elliptical work :) 

Being pregnant and staying fit is proving to be quite a challenge but one that I am glad to take because I sleep better, I am not gaining weight like crazy, and I feel better about my self and it is good for the baby as well. I am really happy that I have continued with my workouts while still being safe and taking care of my little one. I am just having a hard time toning it down when I am used to going so hard all the time :) 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment