February 12, 2013

Tips on healthy eating

I am currently running a 30 day eat clean challenge on Facebook for friends of mine that currently want to learn how to better eat healthy and how to decrease their grocery budget. So far it has been a HIT and there are so many people that are gaining clarity on what a healthy lifestyle is. It truly warms my heart when people tell me about their changes toward a healthier lifestyle! I digress, I apologize I am just SO happy for my challengers!

I know that there are many people that don't understand this "lifestyle" and I wanted to share my 2 cents on what it really is and how it is not a diet. So I created a little tip list that I have used to help me out and now I pass it along to you :)

Start building every meal with a lean protein- eggs, turkey breast, chicken breast, lean red meat, bison, game meats, fish, shellfish. You can have protein drinks and I would limit them to no more than 2 times per day.

Eat your veggies - Eat at least 5-6 servings of vegetables (non-starchy carbs). One for every meal or snack or two different vegetables for each meal. Refer to the food list in the tabbed section of the blog. 

Eat at least 2 fruits per day

Eat whole grain carbohydrates but keep them at a minimum. If you work out a lot than you can have more but keeping them at a minimum in your daily diet is ideal.

Eat mostly foods that are natural. Did this food come from a tree, farm, plant, ground, did it walk fly or swim? Then you can have it, if not then you shouldn't. Same goes with labels if you cannot pronounce the name of the foods than it is PROCESSED.

Eat 5-6 times a day with a meal or snack every two to four hours.

Follow the 90/10 rule. Keep your good nutrition 90% of the time while the other 10 gives you room to indulge and keep this lifestyle

0 comments:

Post a Comment