February 3, 2013

Superbowl Salsa

I love the Superbowl but not really for the game. More for the commercials, kickoff, half time show and the FOOD. I am competing and I think my days of cheats are over :( SO I am going to go out with a bang because tomorrow starts my prep, but hey the sooner I get it done the sooner I can go back to my normal healthy life. I know that many are going to use this as their cheat day too and that's ok I mean come on who isn't going to eat wings or some healthy version of them! Ha! Anyway I decided that I am going to post my favorite salsa recipe along with my veggie pizza recipe but I will post that later once I am able to grab some pictures of it. Here is the recipe. This is more like the salsa that you would see at a traditional Mexican restaurant.

1 can crushed tomato
1 cup cilantro
1 onion
2 jalapenos you can also use the canned ones and make sure to add some of the juices into it.
3 cloves of garlic
1-2 tsp salt (to taste start slow and add more as necessary)

Blend all of these ingredients into a food processor and chill for about an hour before serving.

Enjoy!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment