February 14, 2013

Recipe: My favorite salad

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

I love eating a salad for lunch. I know that it sounds typical and what not for those people that are on a "diet" but I really do. I love the idea of throwing everything into a bowl and just chowing down. I am addicted to my crock pot and use it often on the weekends since I spend most of my time running around the house getting my chores done and getting everything ready for the start of a new week.

Typically I batch cook my chicken for a day or two so that way I can do things like this or throw the chicken in a pan with some peppers and make some super easy fajitas! OLE lol. Well here is the recipe I hope you enjoy!!!!




 

8 cups chopped spinach (1 bag)
1 cup halved cherry or pear tomatoes
1/2 cup corn (frozen, canned, or cut off the cob)
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 large avocado, sliced
1/2 c black beans (optional)

DRESSING:
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. Place spinach in a large salad bowl. add remaining salad ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad and toss (a little at a time... as much dressing as you desire).

0 comments:

Post a Comment