February 16, 2013

Getting ready to run Disney Princess Half

This weekend I am going to Florida to visit my son and family. I couldn't be more excited! It is winter, and snowy, and cold here. There is an expected 3-6 inches of snow getting ready to come in and let me tell you SUNNY FLORIDA sounds amazing to me right now! The reason we are going to Florida is because I am getting prepped to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon on the 24th. I am really nervous about this because to be honest the last time I ran a long run was in December.......I have been running 30 minutes a few times a week but nothing like a long run and it sure hasn't been outside. The next week that I am there I am going to be running my tail off (not really) and doing atleast a 9 mile run before this race on Saturday just to see if I can do it. I am not sure how many people are going to be doing this race but I am sure that it is a BUNCH!

In all seriousness I am excited for the adventure but I am so glad that it is going to be over soon because now I can get the "training" or lack thereof out of my head and start concentrating on doing Body Beast and getting back to a routine that doesn't include stressing over the fact that I have to run a certain amount of miles.

This week  and last week was horrible for me. I did 2 workouts!!!! Which is totally not like me at all and last week I think I did 3 workouts.....FAIL. Maybe I needed the break mentally to transition for getting out of compeition head but I am realizing that the very reason that I wanted to compete is showing now. I am EATING and EATING like a crazy woman! Sheesh yesterday we had steak slathered in butter and mashed potatoes, today we had Chinese food for lunch. Since we have been out of power we bought minimal food and since we had steak our chicken went bad and let's just say it was piss poor planning on my part. Needless to say I am ready to get back onto my routine and start the de-bloat process.

I want to show/tell you that even I have bad days still and while I am in my maintence phase of my life I can indulge too much and get out of hand. I am not perfect and I have bad days and I go a week without working out sometimes and that is okay. Life happens just like what happened to use here in the North East! Silly Blizzard.....I don't know why they called it Nemo because none of us wanted to find him. Just sayin'. Things happen life gets in the way, we get sick it happens but as long as you know that you are committed to this lifestyle than nothing can take you away from it but yourself. You just have to pick up where you left off. Anyway I digressed like BIG time! :)

I will keep you posted on my trip and HOPEFULLY have a gazillion pictures for you to flip through :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment