February 27, 2013

Disney Princess Half Recap

My Princess weekend started on Saturday! I was really nervous, I didn't really properly train for my half marathon because I am a running diva! I do not run in the cold, rain, or ice. It's just not for me and I am pretty sure it is a result of me being in the Army and finally having control. I was also reading on Facebook that people were having a horrible time at the Expo which was necessary for us to attend in order to pick up our bib and goodie bag. So I get in the car try to relax and bit and enjoy the ride. 

We get there, we check into our hotel at The Pop Century Resort at Disney. We chose that last minute because the bus would transport us to the race without us having to fight traffic to park (FYI there are 23,000 people racing). 

It was a cute hotel but we didn't even go there when we checked in LOL. We got there at three so right to the Expo we went. Let me tell you, if you aren't doing any of the other races for the Princess than GO LATER there wasn't a line when I went to pick up my bib and goody bag. We were there for 30 minutes and most of that was me looking at the merch. Seriously the people that were complaining must have been the first in the door. I will tell you that my procrastination paid off this time for REAL! ha ha! After the expo we went out to eat dinner and then hung out in the hotel room. 

2:30 AM came quick and I set 4 alarms and so did my son so that we wouldn't miss the race. We got up I tried to do my hair in pig tail buns but I was so frustrated I just put it in a high bun ha ha. I was off to the buses and let me tell you they have like 10 of them lined up ready to take us to the race which was really awesome there was AGAIN no waiting. I was like WOW this is a flawless experience for me anyway ha! I am loving this! So we get there early they have a DJ playing music and they call us to go to our corrals. I was Corral F which was pretty lame because even though I wasn't trying to PR I wanted to run. 

So we get to the race line and the fireworks go off and we are running. I knew the first mile was going to stink as far as getting to go so I was already ready for that. I just steadied myself and weaved around the people as best I could, sometimes I got stuck behind a wall of walkers which was really not cool but I was patient. That's pretty much how the run went, I weaved around people and was looking at all the scenery and texting my husband at every mile which made things go by faster for me. Mile 5-6 was VERY narrow you could not get around people if you wanted to! It was seriously a line of people looking like they were moving but really going no where it was pretty cool to see all of us doing the same exact thing. I found myself getting lost in the people, reading their shirts and seeing that they were running for a cause or trying to put some humor in the back of their shirts. One of them said I sure hope that there is at least one person behind me reading this ha ha! It was pretty funny. Mile 9 I felt the blister on the bottom of my foot and I thought I was doomed but it never popped Thank You Jesus! I don't know what I would have done if it did pop. Well I do now my A** would have run through that finish line CRYING ha ha ha! I wasn't going to walk through that even if it killed me. 

The rest of the race was pretty much a blur until the end because you get that antsy feeling that you are done but you are SO FAR away from being done which is a crap situation to be in but in the end was where most people were running which was good for me I improved my time and picked up the pace. I wish I had not gotten my husband to be in charge of the camera because we let it in Mass :( so I have crap cell phone pictures but I do have some of them that I am going to purchase later and get them printed out. Once I get them I will post them here so you can see them. 

I would seriously do the race again but this time I would bring a camera and stop to take pictures with the people at the race. I am mad that I didn't get all the pictures that I wanted to but it's ok I have the memories and I have the 13.1 magnet for my car to prove it LOL. It was a great experience and it was totally worth the $150 registration fee. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and had a blast!!!!! I love love loved it. Here are some of my crap cell phone pictures :) 


The medals at the end of the race

Getting ready to run around and then through the castle!



0 comments:

Post a Comment