February 21, 2013

My newest "thing" I want to try

I am hanging out in Florida with kids and family and finally found some time to blog. I am getting really excited about the Disney Princess Half Marathon on Sunday and I am really nervous about it too. I can't wait to do it but at the same time since I did not train properly 13.1 miles seems like a trek for me. I am not the kind of person that likes to give up so I know that I will make it through and run the whole time but in the same respect I don't want to "fail" either. I am really excited to take pictures and all of that and be able to share my experience with you all.

Well I finished reading The Beauty Detox Diet and it was a good book with plenty of excellent references mainly The China Study, but overall it had a lot of good points. She seems to suggest going to a plant based diet which is something that I have heard before but what I like about her approach is that she isn't pushy about it. Even though she had great principles she didn't really do great with the examples and the menu plan was only for a week and she suggests for the plans to be for months......I think a month long plan would have been sufficient even if she was going to alternate two weeks. She is coming out with a cookbook I suppose it is to support the phases that she has in the book. There are recipes for each thing that she wants you to eat which is also a plus. What Kimberly Snyder is more famous for is the Glowing Green Smoothie. She suggests that you should use a Vitamix blender but all of us can't afford that so use what you have I suppose. I am very eager to try the smoothie so when I go make I go home I will let you know how it tastes and if it makes a difference in my diet or if I notice any changes with using the smoothie. It is supposed to be a meal replacement so we shall see. The recipe is below.
If you try it out before I am able to post my review of it let me know what you think of it. I saw in Hoda and Kathy Lee in the morning show that they have and they said that it was good too so, I can't wait to try it when I get home.



0 comments:

Post a Comment