March 1, 2015

Where do you get MOTIVATION?

So, there I am at 154 and 125 pounds. The beginning of my journey (when I got cleared to exercise) to yesterday.

When I first starting taking an interest in before and after pictures I will be the first to admit that they were fake. That is, until I started my own journey to weight loss 3 TIMES. These pictures represent the struggle, the excitement, determination, hard work, and MOTIVATION.

The girl on the left never thought that she would see the girl on the right again. I was SO scared that I was going to be stuck with my "mom bod." I came from a place of negativity because I was self conscious and did not come from a place of confidence. I was SO insecure and DEVASTATED that I was back into my "old jeans." I saw reflections of me in the mirror and legit felt sad about how I looked. You can tell me all day that I just had a baby and I should enjoy motherhood but this "mom weight" was a struggle and while some women are all in the mom-ness I am just not one of those women. I did however know that it was going to take time to get close to where I wanted to be and I had the tools AND experience to get it done again so I DID grace myself with time.

The girl on the right has waited almost 9 months to get the weight off. It was not without struggle. December to February was TOUGH for me! I plateaued I was doing Body Beast and I got BIGGER in the arms and my hips were not moving. I took it upon myself to stop doing Body Beast and added in cardio with T25 and played around with 21 Day Fix workouts for strength and the cardio I believe was the KEY to my success. MY body needs cardio just as much as it needs strength training to get results. I listened to myself and I just did what my gut told me to do.

As a health coach people ALWAYS ask me where I find motivation to succeed AND to keep going once I had reached my goal. I have a few tips that may help you out!  

1.) Believe in the end result! 
I can't stress enough that even though there were plenty of days that I was not convinced that I would be the girl on the right, I believed OVERALL that I was going to get there. One day, I would get there. You may have your bad days but keep the end result in your mind. Visualize it! 

2.) Define short term goals and hit them! 
Saying that you want to lose 50 pounds is going to be a hefty goal. So break them down into scale and non scale victories. I made goals that I was going to go up in weight every week, or that I would eat clean for a whole week without cheats and that set my focus on being healthy which should be the end goal with a side effect of health being the vanity of losing the weight. 

3.) Remember your why!
WHY are you doing this? Write it down and keep it with you! When you make a goal to lose weight you should know exactly why you are doing it. There are going to be days when there is pizza (or insert not healthy food here) in your face and you are going to "forget" why you even started to try and lose weight because you are thinking about the now. THINK ABOUT THE END GOAL it can be either your big or small goal but think about how happy you are going to be when you get there and ALWAYS have a reason to start the thing. You need to have a vision of where you want your life to go and find a way there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment